Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't turn totally off device with main switch...

Posted by delgad9 
Can't turn totally off device with main switch...
November 07, 2014 12:38PM
Hello,

I have a major issue with a delta that doesn't complete turn off with the main switch...

LCD is still on after switching it off. I have to disconnect from the usb port to totally turning it off.

It seems that system power is handle by both sources or usb source is not disabled when printer is disconnect from main source.

Please advice.

Thank you in advance
jD
Re: Can't turn totally off device with main switch...
November 07, 2014 01:18PM
USB gives also power, I have only Arduino led on. But you have to have on/off switch between power & printer if you want switch down fast. Power has big capacitores and some charge.

Prusa i3, Ramps 1.4. Catnozzle 0.4mm
SketchUp - Enveloping Globoid Worm Gear - Part One - 3D Printed: [youtu.be]
DesignSpark Mechanical & more precise screw thread: [youtu.be]
Nicer Screw Thread In SketchUp ( Bolts,Nuts): [youtu.be]
How To Model A Heart Shape In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
How To Draw 3D Printable Snap Fit Ball Joint In SketchUp: [youtu.be]
November 07, 2014 01:36PM
I agree about the the capacitors powering LEDs... but keeping full powered a LCD screen -after turning the main switch- ALL THE TIME.

It think it is too much of waste. Commercial 3D printers you turn off main switch and everything goes off.

Thx
jD
November 07, 2014 02:46PM
I have a USB hub that lets me turn each port on or off. It's a bit of a pain having two switches, but I've learned to live with it.
November 07, 2014 06:35PM
I put a small sliver of kapton tape on the +V contact in the end of the USB cable that plugs into the arduino. This keeps the LCD from staying on when the main power switch is off, but doesn't interfere with data transmission.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
November 07, 2014 06:37PM
AbuMaia
I put a small sliver of kapton tape on the +V contact in the end of the USB cable that plugs into the arduino. This keeps the LCD from staying on when the main power switch is off, but doesn't interfere with data transmission.

What a simple but great idea. I think I'll give it a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login