Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hot end Not maintaining Tempurature

Posted by simactive 
Hot end Not maintaining Tempurature
October 29, 2014 09:59PM
Hey Everyone,

Another problem now. Every time I print, I can set up the hotend and get it heated same with the bed. Although once I start to print the hotend tempurature goes down (of course) but the kicker is that the coding reconizes this but will not start heating up the hotend again unless I manually tell it to do so.

The heatbed on the other hand can keep its tempurature just fine. Has anyone else been having this issue? Could it be the programming and if so which partish should I look at?

I am using Marlin for the programming and Pronterface for the GUI.

thanks again.
Re: Hot end Not maintaining Tempurature
October 29, 2014 10:20PM
What does pronterface show as your target temperature while the temperature is dropping? If it shows a target of 0, then I'd take a close look at the G code to see if the printer is just doing what it was told.

Specifically you are looking for M104 and M109 commands in the G Code

If you can't find the target temperature on the pronterface screen, enter the M105 command directly, and you should get back a report that shows the hot end temperature and target formatted like: T: xxx/yyy where xxx is the actual temperature, and yyy is the target. You should also see B: xxx/yyy which is the same information for the heated bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2014 10:32PM by jbernardis.
October 30, 2014 12:31AM
Target temp is 245ÂșC and it wont start till it hits it, it stays targeting that temp the entire time until i turn it off, then goes back to zero.

Then while running it wont reheat the hot end, but I should go check the Gcode thanks for the tip maybe it is the setup of the splicer program. I'll see if that is the issues thanks for the tip, I'll post back what happens soon.
October 30, 2014 01:38AM
Ok so the M109 only appears in the first part of the code and thats it.

Setting the bed and hotend temp.
M190 S90 ; wait for bed temperature to be reached
M104 S250 ; set temperature
G28 ; home all axes
G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
M109 S250 ; wait for temperature to be reached

Then the only time it shows up again is later on, to shut down the tempuratures.

The rest of the code is just the co-ordinate system without ever checking the tempurature again.
IS there a way in the gcode to be constantly checking the tempurature of the hot end?
October 30, 2014 08:45AM
As long as the target is 250, you shouldn't have to do anything in the g code. This then is a firmware issue. The only thing that jumps out at me is that 250 is a high temp. For ABS, I run at 235. I'm wondering if there isn't some sort of max temp in the firmware. Just a guess.
October 30, 2014 01:21PM
Yeah I am running it a bit hoting because the room I am printing in is cooler than normal, so to be able to keep the tempature steady it need to boost the hotend and bed =P.

Ok so it was a firmware issues where I messed up some code when changing around some stuff. Now it works sooooooo magic =D After I undid some of my changes =P

thanks all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login