Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I got the endstops working but Y-logic. Y_min stopper at back?

Posted by Plasteroid 
I got the endstops working but Y-logic. Y_min stopper at back?
September 29, 2014 04:27AM
When looking this image: [forums.reprap.org] Y_max stopper is at the backside. How then it is possible that Y_min stopper is adviced to be at back? My X & Z work now ok, they home at min left and down. X right movement is + and Z up is +. Y on Pronterface is + movement towards me (frontside).

If I reverse it that, (-) movement is towards me and when I do home, of course it comes crashing frontside and looking y_min stopper from frontside! So how then it is adviced to put Y_min stopper at backside (+) direction ?

How much Y mirror makes problems? Or should I put my Y_min at front?
Re: I got the endstops working but Y-logic. Y_min stopper at back?
September 29, 2014 05:55AM
If the bed moves back and forth then the min is at the back. You need to look at it from the perspective of the hotend, that is, when the bed moves to the back (away from you) the hotend position is closer to the front end of the bed.
September 29, 2014 06:24AM
Yes I understand that. When I press + the bed comes towards me and the hotend is getting + coordinates and when minus, the bed moves back and touches Y_min. I think that I have all right. But I wonder why in the image: [forums.reprap.org] Y_max endstop is also at the back? and why replicatorwarehouse says:

[replicatorwarehouse.com]

Positive moves:
Y axes needs to move away from you

Or that just don't mean Pronterface + button...?

I need a slap on my face...
September 29, 2014 07:03AM
yeah, positive movements need to move the hotend from the front of the bed to the back (so the y-axis in terms of the printing coordinates, positive is away from you). But cause the hotend cant move in the "y axis", the bed needs to move, and goes the opposite way to achieve that smiling smiley
September 29, 2014 02:04PM
That picture is very misleading. They show (0,0,0) at the front left of the bed. Given that, the Y endstop is not a Y Max endstop - it is a Y Min.

This picture also shows the X endstop as a Max, and while it IS a max in the picture, I think most people put their X endstop on the left in which case it is a MIN endstop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login