Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assembly instructions for Prusa i3

Posted by csamsi 
Assembly instructions for Prusa i3
September 15, 2014 10:06PM
Where can I find an assembly manual for a Prusa i3 kit?

I'm really disappointed with how MakerGeeks sell their 3D printer kits. I'll post a review later, but basically it looks to made in China, along with other problems. I would not purchase from them again. I recommend against buying from them. Buyer beware.

The critical problem though, It comes with NO assembly manual.

Thanks, Caesar.
Re: Assembly instructions for Prusa i3
September 16, 2014 12:30PM
Google? YouTube?

Any kit you buy will require tinkering, and lots of learning. Don't expect a set of IKEA assembly instructions. You will need to search for information to solve issues. This is part of the enjoyment of building from a kit. If parts are missing or defective, take it up with your supplier. And another thing, there is nothing wrong with cheap parts made in China.
September 16, 2014 05:16PM
No, I disagree, a re-designed kit should always come with instructions.

I Googled it and didn't find anything about MakerGeeks assembly manual.

I found numerous other manuals, but none are similar much less close to their kit.

We worked out a return/refund.
September 16, 2014 06:08PM
I brought my kit from here:
[www.emakershop.com]
Notice it has lots of detailed info, but was still lacking in a few places, also used [reprap.org] and various youtube videos for assembly
September 18, 2014 01:05AM
pierce
I brought my kit from here:
[www.emakershop.com]
Notice it has lots of detailed info, but was still lacking in a few places, also used [reprap.org] and various youtube videos for assembly
Pierce, how are the materials of kit? Arduino is true or equivalent?
September 18, 2014 07:58AM
Dom22
Any kit you buy will require tinkering, and lots of learning. Don't expect a set of IKEA assembly instructions.

Tell that to Colin of MakerFarm. He not only provides PDF assembly instructions, but also videos of himself assembling the printer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 07:59AM by AbuMaia.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
September 18, 2014 03:08PM
The Makerfarm kits are good. The reason he has instructions is because that printer is unique and not made too much outside of the packages he sells. His support is very good as are his designs.

If one were building a Prusa style or derivative there are also plenty of instructions and videos. They are quite common and what many kit distributors do, myself included is provide links to the info as well as anything that might be specific to that particular kit. If the OP has a Prusa i3 or variant there is a wealth of info not only here but in many other places around the Web.
September 18, 2014 04:04PM
Hey tecnogave,
Sorry should have checked the option for 'email me about replies'.

My only issues with kit (electronics came in ardunio box and looks legit to me with markings and everything, if there is a way of making sure happy to check). was two bags of screws/bolts were missing, emailed received in 2 days. The screws were to hold the hotend to the mount and as I didn't check when I received this was a bit annoying.

Apart from that seems like a nice bit of kit, Greg answered my 'stupid don't know what I am doing' emails which was also very helpful! Happy to write up further with a few snaps if there is interest in that on these forums, I am new round here so no idea what the done thing is!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login