Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for files

Posted by Floyd 
Looking for files
September 15, 2014 01:36PM
Buddy is looking to build an i3 and im going to supply the printed parts for his build.
The issue im having is that im finding 1000% varients of the same thing. Can someone point me in the direction of the STLs for this model: (See picture)

I think I found the right set on the github but I just want to make sure before I spend hours and hours printing bits for him.
Thanks everyone!

-Floyd

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 01:42PM by Floyd.
Attachments:
open | download - 565px-Prusa-i3-wood-in-melamime.jpg (42.3 KB)
Re: Looking for files
September 15, 2014 02:35PM
If the frame is designed for M8 and M10 threaded rods you can use the "vanilla" parts
[github.com]

If you want to use all M10 threaded rods like the "rework" design you will need to change the slots on the frame braces.
The i3 build I am doing uses all M10 threaded rods and rework parts and I modified the sgraber frame file to fit the difference in the y-corners and M10 threaded rods.
I can post the file tomorrow if you like.

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
September 15, 2014 03:02PM
He is doing a 8mm rod design.
Im going to check out those files from that github and see if thats what I need.
Thanks
September 18, 2014 03:19PM
The melamine frame files for a Rework are at [github.com] .

The frame support wing slots are larger than on an sgraber frame but more importantly because the Y Corners use all M10 rods the centerline of the frame rods is different. If you cut or file away the material from a regular sgraber you can use fender washers for the attachment points as M10 washers may not be large enough depending on where and how much you cut.

For the sgraber with single plate vanilla parts the only difference in the BOM compared to the vanilla is a 340 mm M8 cross rod and 4 more M8 nuts and washers for the cross rods and 6 M3 x 25 screws, nuts and washers to attach the support wings to the frame. You can also use 6-32 x 1" screws, nuts and washers for the wing attachment hardware. The printed parts for the single plate Prusa are the same when used with the sgraber style frame.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2014 03:21PM by vegasloki.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login