Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hooking up prusa I3 sanguinololu to pc

Posted by zhar2 
Hooking up prusa I3 sanguinololu to pc
August 04, 2014 07:06PM
Well i recently constructed and tested my prusa I3, all motors work and so on, but i think it needs to be calibrated (for some reason z axis moves up as numbers go into the negative). but i have not connected it to my pc yet as i cant see how to do so, there very scant info online and i cant find a clear procedure how to hook it up to my pc (i use windows 8 btw). what do i need o do to be able to print out a 3d model? drivers? software?. printrun doesn't seem to connect to my printer. please help
Re: Hooking up prusa I3 sanguinololu to pc
August 05, 2014 05:08PM
Well i managed to hook it up to my pc and can control it. but the z axis is flipped sad smiley, how can i unflip it?
August 05, 2014 06:08PM
Reversing the connection will reverse the direction of the stepper motors (as mentioned on the reprap wiki here). Make sure you turn off and disconnect from your PC first or you risk frying the stepper driver.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
August 05, 2014 06:36PM
Well i reversed it in the firmware and it did the trick, the issue now is that my extruder is not extruding, the stepper isnt actually moving now, UGH!! this isnt easy. the extruder is heating and all but the stepper inst doing anything even if i try to move it using the LCD control.
August 06, 2014 05:39PM
The extruder won't move until the hot end reaches a minimum temperature, to prevent damage. Have you let the hotend heat up to over 170 Celsius before moving the extruder?

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login