Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 heatbed MK2a can't reach 110ºC and print issue

Posted by Deividmaxx 
Prusa i3 heatbed MK2a can't reach 110ºC and print issue
August 04, 2014 11:31AM
Hello, I bought the a Prusa Mendel i3 with the mk2a heatbed. I program the bed to reach 110ºC to print with ABS but it can not get past the 103 -104 °C. I have checked several times the connections and the welds. Even I solder better one wire that seems wrong weld. But no change.
I have also noticed that the mosfet that controls the hot bed is so hot and when the bed reaches 100 degrees it goes down to 98ºC, and after a moment it goes up again until it is able to pass the 103-104 ° C. The mosfet is a p55nf06. The power supply provides 12V and 30 amps.

I'm using an arduino + ramps 1.4 with marlin 1.0.0 and repetier-host.

In order to print I had to lower the temperature of the hot bed to 103ºC so that it starts printing. The figure is a small empty cube and I attach it.
And the result is pretty good but the 4 outer corners curve inward in the middle and the walls also curve.

Attachments:
open | download - cubo_2x2x1_vacio.stl (4.3 KB)
Re: Prusa i3 heatbed MK2a can't reach 110ºC and print issue
August 04, 2014 04:05PM
I would definitely use a heatsink and fan to cool the power mosfet for a heated bed!
I also use a bit of corrugated cardboard as a sort of 'insulation' underneath my heated bed, and that seems to help out a little, too.
The problem with your cube is probably heat/cooling related, have a look at this: [Reprap wiki page]

Thingiverse Profile
August 07, 2014 03:51AM
I use a heatsink to cool the mosfet and I used a bit of insulation under the heatbed. Now it's work perfect and reach 110ºC perfectly. Thank you.
Now I will solve the printing problems smiling smiley.
August 07, 2014 09:28AM
I'm glad it's working! Best of luck to you on the rest of your calibration!

Thingiverse Profile
August 07, 2014 11:48AM
To speed up the "warm up" I place a piece of cardboard on top of my glass as well. Cuts down the time to heat up significatly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login