Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 (Ramps 1.4 and Arduino Mega 2560) motors not working

Posted by Smatta 
Prusa i3 (Ramps 1.4 and Arduino Mega 2560) motors not working
July 31, 2014 10:15AM
Hi,

I assembled the Prusa i3 printer (DIY kit from Replikeo) and everything was ok until I tried to move the axis. Installing the firmware was smooth but, when I open Pronterface moving the axis is not possible. When I click on a button to move any axis nothing happens - not even a new line in command line or a sound from the motors on the printer.

Also, I tried the Repetier host - the same thing. The heaters are working but the motors are not.

At one point the computer didn't even recognise the printer, even in device manager in windows I could not find it. Somehow I managed to connect him all over again to the computer but the motors are still not working.

Any suggestions?
Attachments:
open | download - Pronterface.JPG (223.5 KB)
Re: Prusa i3 (Ramps 1.4 and Arduino Mega 2560) motors not working
August 01, 2014 05:18AM
Solved...smiling smiley
August 01, 2014 12:06PM
What was the problem...?
August 03, 2014 03:06PM
The problem was with the power supply, I connected it to the wrong connection on the ramps and therefore the motors did not have enough power to move.
November 22, 2014 09:42AM
I've got the same problem, but power supply is wired correctly. bed heat works extruder heat works and extruder motor but nothing else! can hook motors to extruder and they run, and I have the same boards you have
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login