Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

quantum prusa mendel

Posted by romanyacik 
quantum prusa mendel
July 05, 2014 08:18PM
Hi! I'm building my first reprap, and I'm having a bit of trouble, particularly with the firmware. I'm following the designs of a prusa derrivative called the quantum prusa mendel, found at
[www.thingiverse.com]

the instructions don't even mention firmware, and the poster didn't provide a link to download it. I've been trying to use repetier for this, but I find their configuration tool confusing.

If someone who has already made a quantum prusa could provide the code they used, explain how to use repetier, or just give me any sort of help, it would be most...helpful.

I am attempting to use a arduino mega 2560 with RAMPS 1.4 as a motherboard.

I don't think it makes a difference, but my operating system is Linux Mint 17 with both Arduino 1.0.5 and 1.5.6-r2 IDE's installed. Also, does it matter which version of Arduino I use?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2014 08:36PM by romanyacik.
Re: quantum prusa mendel
July 05, 2014 10:41PM
That doesn't look like a well thought out design. I'd suggest Mendel90 or Prusa i3.
July 06, 2014 05:13PM
I can't really. The assembly is too far gone. I just need the firmware issue resolved.
July 10, 2014 01:29PM
I really could use some assistance here. What if I restated the problem. I am trying to build a reprap prusa Mendel i2 variant with a heated platform and a 200mm*200mm*100mm build envelope using a RAMPS 1.4 motherboard and a single geared extruder. Assuming that 1.75mm filiment will be used, what firmware do I use for this setup, or how do I use the repetier configuration tool to generate the firmware I need?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2014 01:53PM by romanyacik.
July 11, 2014 12:05AM
I don't see any reason why you couldn't use Marlin firmware, though I have zero experience with the i2 or Repetier.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login