Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Replikeo problems

Posted by dbk3d 
Replikeo problems
June 30, 2014 08:14AM
Hello I am new to the 3d printer world and I need a bit of advice.
I bought a replikeo and am having problems.
Yes I have emailed them but they have not responded.

It is the i3 kit with a Mk2a headbed that has blown the mosfet on the Ramps 1.4.
The resistance on the heabed is 0.8 Ohms, which is low according to the forums. First print the mosfet smoked then the heatbed would not turn off.

After the damage I have read on the forums that I should have a fan running on the ramps.
Can i replace the mosfet and run a fan on the ramps board and it will be OK?

Or

Should I buy a new heat bed from a reputable supplier? Any recomendations for Australia. As well as replace the mosfet.

Also is it possible to print PLA with out the headbed?
I have tried to print ojects but they curl up off the bed, then are pushed of by the extruder.
Am I wasting my time and should I wait until I have sorted the head bed?

I have had it for a month and still haven't printed anything resembling a part.

Thanks
David
Re: Replikeo problems
August 04, 2014 06:11AM
Thanks for the communities help.

For anyone else who has the same problems i did. I replaced the heat bed with a good quality one ,as well as a boro glass sheet, from aus3d. In spec and have been using it for a few weeks with a replacement standard ramps board. It works perfectly now. So the crap replikeo headbed was the problem. Replikeo ignored the emails i sent them. So they don't stand behind there kits.
I did buy a IRLB8743 mosfet to replace the fried one from the original ramps but have not installed it and will use it as a spare.
I put a heat sink on the Q3 mosfet but it hardly gets hot now i have a good heat bed.
Fan to come in the future to cool the ramps board. Just to be safe.

More bad things to note about the replikeo kit:
- the smooth rods are 7.9mm when they are ment to be 8mm to suit the 8mm bearings. results in a large amount of play on the bed.
- the ridiculous carbon fiber sheet is not only flimsy and warped. It also conducts electricity. Check out were the heat bed soldered joints are. Best thing you could do with that carbon fiber sheet is throw it in the bin.
- took a month to be delivered and the box looked like they dropped from the plane as they flew over my house.
- the x axis needed to be inverted and the endstop set to max to avoid mirrored prints
- i bought some PLA filament and had the recalibrate the e steps 3 times so far on the same roll. The start was rock hard and had a higher melting point. As i have gone through the roll it has got softer so the esteps have gone down. This lead to over extrutions in the prints. Plenty of hair pulling trying to figure this out.
- haven't tried the abs yet.

Also don't waste your time trying to print without the heat bed i never got anything to stick enough to complete a print. They would curl up then the printer would knock them off next pass.

If i had my time again i would spend more money and get a sorted kit. This one was / is crap. If you want to spend time trying to get it to work and you have plenty of time to waste go for it. I wanted to print stuff thats why I bought a kit rather than source my own stuff.
October 12, 2015 11:53PM
I bought one also. The z motors spurt and dance. Nothing smooth here. I saw the x axis too. What a struggle. I have to invert the endstop logic also.
Here is the movie to display the z problem.
The extruder gears are no to spec either. I split one putting it on shaft. I emailed for STL or replacement. No repsonse. I slammed on facebook also.
I had to remill the extruder motor bracket to accept the big gear bearings. This kit is not for anyone without some industrial experience.
The extruder gears are over spec also. I am looking to replace. I bought the dual extruder addition also.
Kit came missing the extruder holder and the two extruder motor brackets. Had to wait for them.
Here is movie:
Replikeo z motor dance
November 04, 2015 07:40PM
I got the replikeo dual extruder and my experience has been positive. I paid for dhl shipping and the box came in good shape... Also, I skipped th Carbon plate and include heat bed and got a mk3 for 20 bucks on Amazon...

Everything worked and I was able to get a good print within a week of delivery.

The cons I had were:
Misleading shipping speed (the say 5 days but it actually took 3 week, plus about 60 days for the LCD controller I bought extra)
No x axis tensioner
While I was able to get prints with the included extruder, I decided to buy an air tripper extruder, then printed a second one
Cable management was lacking

But come on, this is a $300 printer...
November 30, 2015 05:09PM
On the extruder that works I had to reduce the diameter of the extruder gears. Now one extruder works smoothly.
The other motor is bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login