Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help assembling Prusa i3 from 3dprinterczar

Posted by bill2k 
Need help assembling Prusa i3 from 3dprinterczar
June 28, 2014 11:19AM
I have assembled and printed a few things with a prusa i3 I got from 3dprinterczar. The problem is, I don't think I assembled this printer correctly. I am not sure if I placed the endstop switches in the right locations, the y-axis carriage doesn't seem to be level, and I have a couple of springs left over that I have no clue where to place. Here are some pictures to help explain what I mean. Any guidance will be helpful. Pictures of the part placements on your printer will be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance.

X-Axis EndStop:

Y-Axis EndStop:

Z-Axis EndStop:

Y Carriage. This Corner touches the smooth rod:

Where do these springs go?

Re: Need help assembling Prusa i3 from 3dprinterczar
June 28, 2014 12:46PM
I don't know about the rest, but I think the springs are used to tension the X and Y belts.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
June 29, 2014 08:13AM
I have the same printer you have.
My X-Axis and Z-A-axis end stops are identical to yours.
The Y-Axis endstop I have placed a little further up the smooth rod to be triggered by the Y-Carriage itself, not the heated bed. There is another thread here in this forum where someone else has designed a better Y-Axis endstop for this printer. I haven't tried it yet, but that is on my list of things to do. See it here; [forums.reprap.org]

My Y-Carriage sits slightly off the smooth rod. It does not touch at all. I wonder if the holes for the bearings are too big and your carriage is sitting too low over them?

I did not get any springs that look like that in my kit!! I have no idea where they would go.

Leveling the bed and finding bottom is a real pain. I just installed the auto bed leveling upgrade this week. This is a HUGE benefit, and takes very little time or money.
[www.thingiverse.com]

-Matt
June 29, 2014 07:26PM
Thanks for the replys. I am in the process of printing and collecting the parts needed for the auto bed leveling mod. I should be installing it next weekend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login