Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motor Problem

Posted by alexroake 
Motor Problem
June 16, 2014 11:45AM
I recently put together a Prusa i3 from 3dprinterczar. Once connected to my computer the motors will not move at all. The heat bed and extruder work and will hook up. I have ramps 1.4 and Arduino. My configuration.h matches the tutorial. I noticed in other forums they say their motors at least make a buzzing noise. Mine do not make any noise or show any movement at all. Everything else seems to be working fine. If anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated, thank you.
Re: Motor Problem
June 16, 2014 12:29PM
I hope that you get your problem solved. I would think that it is possible that you do not have the jumpers installed below the printer drivers OR
I think you may have had a voltage spike. does the LCD screen work? IF it is clear and working then perhaps you have the drivers in backwards. Look at the driver and motor setup and compare to the others I hope you get your problem solved.
June 17, 2014 08:26AM
To troubleshoot your motors, get to a VERY basic configuration. Unplug power EVERY time before making any changes.

1) What is the status of your endstops? if your endstops are all triggered, this would cause all motors to refuse movement. If you send code M119, what does it return? This will tell you the status of all endstops.

2) Check all of your jumpers, particularly those under the stepper drivers.

3) Assuming you didn't get lucky in step 1 or step 2...winking smiley Disconnect all motors and stepper drivers. Then, install a single stepper driver into the X-Axis and hook up a single stepper motor. It doesn't matter which one. Power up and connect to the Arduino. Send a command to move a single motor 1mm. Did it move? If so, repeat for other motors and stepper drivers, one at a time. Unplug power and usb before any changes. If this did NOT work, try another stepper driver. If this does not work, you may have an issue with your RAMPS or Arduino.

-Matt (also have a 3dPrinterCzar Prusa i3)
June 17, 2014 06:06PM
SENDING:M119
x_min:H y_min:H z_min:H

This is what I get when I send that.
June 18, 2014 05:17AM
Your firmware matches what tutorial?

Click here to login