CANNOT CONNECT > avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

Posted by KG1610 
CANNOT CONNECT > avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
June 10, 2014 01:15PM
Hey All,

Hope you can help - i cannot connect to my printer

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout

i have built a Prusa i3 > Arduino Mega 2560 + Ramps V1.4
printing fine > life was great .... i had to replace the hotend thermostat and at the same time decided to take the printer apart and polish the frame etc. .. make it more rad.

got the new thermistor - finished assembly - now i am here with this error when trying to connect via Arduino : avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
it show's "Uknown printer firmware" when trying to connect via Repieter Host Mac

any ideas ? please let me know
Is the new thrmistor the same as the old one? Also try re-flashing the Arduino with the same firmware you've been using.

Romel
Re: CANNOT CONNECT > avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
June 12, 2014 11:40AM
Hey Romel,

Exact same thermostat as the previous one, from the original supplier.

Instead of using my mac - i have loaded Arduino and Repieter Host on my windows machine.
same error when connecting via Arduino - if i try upload my Sketch

Repieter host can see my printer but "commands just sit and wait"

I can control my printer through the LCD interface.

any thoughts for troubleshooting ?
June 12, 2014 04:23PM
I had a very similar problem with my sanguinololu 1.3a on my Prusa i2. To fix it I tried a few different versions of arduino IDE and installed new hardware drivers into the arduino folder and redid the coms port. I believe you can fix it by following the guide in this thread. (Obviously you will need different drivers for a RAMPS)
This happened to me before and it was the exact same message for me. Since you are using an LCD, I assume you're using Marlin for your firmware. Could you tell me which version of the Arduino IDE you're using? I remember that I had to flash our Arduinos using an older version of the IDE to get around this issue. There was something in the background in the newer versions of the Arduino IDE that didn't install Marlin correctly, hence the need to use the older version. I am pretty certain that we are using the Arduino 0023 version. Could you try downloading the 0023 version first (if that's not what you're already using) and re-flash it again from your Windows machine?

You can find the download here:

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases

Make sure you select the 0023 version for the machine that you have.

Romel
June 13, 2014 06:48AM
Hi Romel,

i am using Arduino 1.0.5
Marlin for the Firmware

i am downloading Arduino 0023 and will post an update.
June 14, 2014 04:54PM
Downloaded Arduino 0023 > could not open the .DMG > " not recognised "
I have done enough searching for one man > its going to cost me but i dont see any other way to proceed. > Looks like i am going to need a new Arduino Mega 2560
June 15, 2014 10:06AM
was on the IRC > was asked for this.

[pastebin.com]
Sorry to hear all this KG. I am going to have to look this up myself, as I have never seen this issue or error message before. Take care and good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login