Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help a noobie choose! PRUSA i3 kit

Posted by Cerealkillah 
Help a noobie choose! PRUSA i3 kit
June 06, 2014 08:32PM
Hello everyone.

I have seen a few topics on what to purchase and I have a pretty good idea of the what seems to be the 3 top choices for i3 kits:

1. DIYTechshop i3xl
2. 3DPrinterCzar i3
3. MakerFarm i3v

Price seems to be similar.

I have stumbled across an i3 from makergeeks.com. It is $700.00, but comes with everything I need (including free shipping!)...included detailed instructions and the seller is just a state away.

I guess what I need to know is: Is it worth $200.00 to go with a semi-local seller? The seller seems like a good guy...but I just have this feeling like $200.00 buys a LOT of PLA.

Anyone here have any expereince with the i3 from makergeeks?
Re: Help a noobie choose! PRUSA i3 kit
June 06, 2014 09:46PM
I got the Makerfarm i3 kit a few months ago, and am awaiting delivery of the i3v upgrade. I don't know about the other kits, no experience with them, but I can say the Makerfarm has ease of assembly and super customer support (even if you're not yet a customer). I almost got one of those Prusa Mendel a-frame kits, but then noticed how much fiddling is needed to get the frame square. No such fiddling needed with the Makerfarm.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
Re: Help a noobie choose! PRUSA i3 kit
June 10, 2014 09:56AM
After some research (thanks to everyone here on the reprap forums who shared their experiences with the various i3 kits available), I boiled down my options to the MakerFarm and MakerGeeks models based largely on my desire to have a vendor who would be accessible and have detailed instructions of assembly.

I decided on the MakerGeeks i3. I look forward to sharing my inexperienced build and thoughts on the kit with this community.

Best of luck,

CK
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login