Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Prusa i3 Rework

Posted by totemumatt 
New Prusa i3 Rework
May 22, 2014 07:22PM
First day with the machine all put together.

Kit is from random parts on ebay. Lasercut wood frame (Original I3) with a Rework i3 part kit. Went together fine. I have Marlin installed. I am using a J-Head V hot end. I also have mechanical switches, the glass on the hotbed, RAMPS1.4.

When I go to print, it almost seems like either I'm not pushing out enough plastic (oh oops 3mm ABS, forgot to mention) or I'm not high enough. However, I have used a single sheet of paper for calibrating Z axis (and leveled). I am using PrintRun and have full control over everything. I am getting temperatures up to the appropriate levels, I can move all the axis, auto-homing works properly.

When I go to print, after the print is completed, the machine forgets where home is, or autohomes, and the bed moves and breaks the mechanical endstop off, or instead goes to Y-Min (no endstop there) and jams up.

So the two questions are, how can I adjust my feed so that the plastic sticks, and why is Marlin/PrintRun trying to smash the machine after printing.

If there are other things I should link that would help, let me know.

EDIT: on reread, I realized that it sounds like the first question is answered: when it finishes TRYING to print (as it doesn't leave any ABS on the board) is when it flies off in the wrong direction, or ignores the endstops.

Also I have tried both with and without Kapton tape.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2014 07:23PM by totemumatt.
Re: New Prusa i3 Rework
May 24, 2014 03:18PM
if its i3 your y- min should be on left side with the endstop there y0------------------------------->y+ at the end of the print check your end print code yo may need to add more code miny code just raises z moves y to the homeposition on left the turns of the heat i never want it go home straight after print as the object will get knocked off

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Re: New Prusa i3 Rework
May 24, 2014 03:43PM
Thanks for the response! I just found my problem in that I mistook the position of Y-min for Y-max, and had edited the configuration to follow.

I am now properly getting the machine to rehome following a print.

I'm still struggling though in that either my bed level is off/Z-axis is too low, or my extruder is not extruding enough. Its stripping the filament instead of pushing it through leaving really lite layers. Its currently cooling so I can check and make sure I'm not jammed up!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login