Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help a noob pls

Posted by vinton78 
help a noob pls
May 19, 2014 02:16PM
elo all i have built a i2 mendal but when i hit the home button in pronterface it all goes mad the end stops dont work just light up red when pressed
i have tryed tuning the endstop conection round that works to stop however this dont help me home the printer it just keeps crashing on all xyz home buttons
plus i cant get the lcd to work i just dont seem to be getting anywear
its took me 3 days and i think its somthing i have missed

pls pls help !!!!
Attachments:
open | download - marlin config h.txt (20.5 KB)
Re: help a noob pls
May 19, 2014 04:16PM
#define INVERT_X_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

find that bit in the configuration and set it as it says ie you have #define INVERT_X_DIR true, its false for a mendel

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 19, 2014 05:50PM
Thx so much sorted it well got the home buttons to work I had the stop end plugged in to min not max
Tried my first print it went home then printed in mid air little bit closer each time

Thx again vin
May 20, 2014 04:18AM
Can anyone point me in tge right direction on what this is I not sure wear to look

Thx all
May 20, 2014 04:56AM
Have you set the right steps per mm for z-axis (and x/y)?

EDIT:
Also, if your homing in the Max direction, make sure the {AXIS}_HOME_DIR is also set to 1.

Where are the endstops located? MIN positions should be X: Left, Y:Back, Z:bottom. IF they are not, then they are MAX position.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 05:08AM by sdavi.
May 20, 2014 05:15AM
Thx Ye got them set to max _HOME_DIR is also set to 1.
Will have a look at steps x/y next got the rest working it just lifts off the bed to print
I click print it then homes to the end stops then lifts z 30mm heats up to temp then prints it the air

Thx will check out x/y steps later
May 20, 2014 05:27AM
Have you tried this: in pronterface press home, then raise the Z by say 10mm and see if it moves up by 10mm ?

check to see if the z is not stalling etc when moving. i also assume the part being sliced is also not in the air ? Also check the start of generated gcode to make sure its telling it to goto the right position

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 05:42AM by sdavi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login