Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration

Posted by Jabulanikid 
Calibration
May 16, 2014 11:53AM
Hello, I am very new to this forum and I would like to take the time and thank everyone for the time they are investing to create this community. I am completely new to the technical aspect of 3D printing and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I bought the 3Dstuffmaker kit for the Prusa Explorer. I have trouble understand the guide so I would rather have someone experienced with this one help me with it. So far, I have assembled everything and I hae gotten as far as the nozzle/bed calibration. All my corners are within .5mm from the nozzle tip. I have checked all the mechanical to electronic components and everything seems to be in working order. Problem is, I don't know how to calibrate the nozzle to get the PLA to flow straight. I have tried 205C and 5mm at 60mm/min and when I press extrude, it curls up and goes straight eventually. But now, here's where I'm really stuck. I have no clue how to calculate the XY (mm/min) rate and the Z (mm/min) rate. The whole calibration process before the first print isn't very well explained by the guide. If there's anyone out there who successfully calibrated their Prusa Explorer, please let me know how you did it. I think the software is a Gen6 board running the Marlin software with some version of slic3r.

Here is a video of the same printer I have: video
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login