Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRapPro Mono Mendel layer thickness

Posted by FunKing 
RepRapPro Mono Mendel layer thickness
May 05, 2014 03:57PM
Hello, RepRap World! smiling smiley

I'm thinking about buying my first 3D printer kit. I was reading about the RepRap Mendel and found out it can produce a layer thickness of 0.3 mm, while other site mention 0.1 mm, and messages in this forum (for the Mendel 90) mention 0.1 mm & 0.05mm.

Of course, I would love to have layers thinner than 0.3 mm, but that's not what the "official" page states. So could anyone tell me if I can use Mendel's standard parts (including the 0.5 mm nozzle) to produce 0.1 mm & 0.05mm layers? Or, if I have to use other parts, which ones should be replaced, and where can I source them?

Thank you!
Re: RepRapPro Mono Mendel layer thickness
May 06, 2014 04:16AM
Most machines are capable of producing parts at low layer heights. What governs it is the quality of the construction - the printer must be built with precision and stability in mind.

May 12, 2014 07:45AM
Thank you for your reply.

But I'm not sure what exactly does that mean. If I simply follow all the instructions to assemble the kit, will I be able to print layers with 0.1 mm? The official documentation states 0.3 mm...

Are there any special requirements, extra parts or configuration to achieve 0.1 mm of thickness? If so, is there a guide, tutorial or instructions available somewhere?

Thanks!
Re: RepRapPro Mono Mendel layer thickness
May 14, 2014 06:32AM
I have a reprappro Mendel, and regularly print with 0.2 layer height.
never tried 0.1 though because of the increasing printing time.

I had no experiance when buildung the machine, but I don't have two left hands.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login