Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 parts - help!

Posted by moviedemon 
Prusa i3 parts - help!
April 25, 2014 11:57AM
I'm working on my first single plate Prusa i3 build and purchased an aluminum frame and parts kit from a supplier in Spain. The supplier assured me he was using the most recent BOM, however the Y-axis corners he sent have an M8 center hole instead of the M10 that's specified in the RepRap wiki build manual. I've already got all the rods, so I'd rather just swap out the printed parts.

He's willing to ship me new parts, however since he's in Spain the cost of shipping alone is $30 to $40 (I could literally buy a whole new parts kit off eBay for that much.)

I was hoping I might be able to enlist the help of someone here who would be willing to print out those 4 parts. I'd be happy to pay you - as long as it wasn't forty bucks. winking smiley

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
David
Re: Prusa i3 parts - help!
April 25, 2014 01:52PM
Could you just drill through the hole with a 10mm drill bit? That would save you the cost and delay of waiting for new printed parts.
April 25, 2014 02:52PM
Possibly, although trying to hold that part and drill a perfectly centered hole through the existing hole might be quite a challenge, given the tools I have to work with. I think I'd rather just start with the right parts to begin with.
May 18, 2014 11:47AM
how desperate are you for them as i may not have enough pla and my printer is to 100% calibrated ill try print single ones and depending on quality they should come out useable ill send them you for free but youll have give me a week

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
May 18, 2014 11:48AM
why not use 8mm then get printer working then print the up grades

up and running
May 19, 2014 12:07PM
printed 2 heres pics

i printed them verticall because you see my blue onse they split but the layers opposite direction on green ones also gives you a flat bottom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2014 12:08PM by chris33.

up and running
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login