Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3, hot end from Makergear V3b heating issue

Posted by ttttrigg3r 
Prusa i3, hot end from Makergear V3b heating issue
April 13, 2014 05:34PM
Hello this is my first post asking for help. I am very new to 3D printing. If this is not the right place please help me by pointing to right direction.
My printer heats up to 215C as recommended. I start printing and it prints fine. As I keep printing the temperature drops and my hot end jams at around 185C.
Prusa i3 hot end is Makergear V3b version. Please help Thank you.
Re: Prusa i3, hot end from Makergear V3b heating issue
April 13, 2014 10:00PM
Perhaps one of the wires connected to your resistor is loose? Once it starts moving during printing, the connection could be broken, causing it to cool down.

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
April 14, 2014 09:17PM
I think I found the problem, The fan sucking the air to cool the v3b groovemount caused the temp drop. When I put a piece of tape across the fan duct to limit the region of cooling to just the groovemount, the temperature hold. I'm guessing the heating is an open loop with no feedback to keep the temperature at specified temp.
April 14, 2014 11:10PM
That doesn't sound right. You specified temps in your inital post, so I assume you have a thermistor monitoring hot end temp. What software/firmware do you use?

MakerFarm 8" Prusa i3v
RAMPS 1.4
0.4mm E3D v6 for 1.75mm
April 15, 2014 04:01AM
The software I'm using is called Pronterface. There is a thermistor monitoring it. The thermistor is built into the heating block.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login