Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is this fixable?

Posted by james123 
Is this fixable?
March 24, 2014 11:56PM
Had a bad nozzle jam a few months ago and had a rough time disassembling my Magma hotend for my Makerfarm i3. I think I slightly pinched the metal tube connecting the nozzel and the heatsink. Since then I've had issues with filament jams part way into prints. I'm thinking the heat traveling up the filament is causing it to expand in the tube and because its slightly pinched, its jamming. If I can buy only the connecting metal piece instead of the a whole new hotend that would be great. Otherwise, I was thinking of replaceing the Magma with an E3D, or is there something else I should be considering? Thanks!
Re: Is this fixable?
March 25, 2014 02:46AM
Hi, you got a pic of the damaged part, thought it would take a hell of lot pressure to do what you described, I be tempted to take it apart again rebuild it.

Am a huge fan of E3D, but there seems a new hot end in town[www.reprapdiscount.com] it appears to me to be close to j head in size " am still looking for specs". Lacks a fan at the mo. But the price ain't bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2014 03:01AM by jinx.
Re: Is this fixable?
March 26, 2014 09:51AM
Design is not that new -- similar to the one from 3D LabteK. I am anxious to try it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login