Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa mendel w/K extruder and J head

Posted by romon 
Prusa mendel w/K extruder and J head
March 03, 2014 02:23PM
Thought that I had everything ready to go. So I tryed my first print this morrning and everthing looked good at first but as the print continued, I noticed that the exstruder wasent
extruding any plastic or very little anyway, I was trying to print the 20 mm cube, and I could see the outline on the glass but as it ran the layers didnt build up just the little bit at first. It was trying to feed filiment and the hotend temp was ok but no go. Im using a home built prusa mendel i2, with a K extruder w/Jhead. Running Marlin and Pronterface.
Have the E feedrate set at 700, in marlin and the settings in pronter 5.0mm at 100mm a minute? I am not shure of these values. If you have better settings or a better calculator to use? So close so far.

Thanks.
Re: Prusa mendel w/K extruder and J head
March 03, 2014 03:15PM
Im starting to think that somehow the j head is plugged up somehow? How to clean out dosent look like the tip screws off?
March 03, 2014 06:58PM
No plastic comming out, has to be the setup in marlin I think.
Anyone ever set one of these direct drive extruders up?
I can find calculators for wades style but no real help with a dd extruder.
What I think is happening is that it trying to feed the filiment in too fast before it melts and blocking the hole.
Tryed diffent settings and cant seem to find the right setting.
March 04, 2014 12:45AM
If you're using Pronterface, you are using Slic3r. Assuming you have already calibrated your firmware. Have you set your Slic3r settings to match your printer? IE: Check your extruder settings, nozzle diameter, filament size, temperature settings (ABS vs. PLA).

If you're just loading the file into Pronterface and letting it slice on it's own, it's probably assuming you have 3mm filament instead of 1.75.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login