Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mendel i3 help. Complete Noob here.

Posted by sharkyzer0 
Mendel i3 help. Complete Noob here.
February 06, 2014 08:31PM
Hello, This is my first post so i apologize if its in the wrong place. So after tons of research i finally decided to try and jump feet first into building an mendel i3 from parts off ebay. I have ramps 1.4 with arduino mega 2560 and pololu A4988. And firmware wise im using pronterface with sprinter. So my problem comes down to trying to move any axis with pronterface. Ill click the button on pronterface and i can hear the motor try to move but doesnt or barely does. If i click the button for it to move 5 times in a row the motor will freak out and move all the way to one side even if it hits an edge. So i did an extensive google research and found that it may be the pots on the pololu driver. So i tried adjusting those and it didnt budge. It still moves barely when i click it. So i continued searching and couldnt find anything that was the same as my problem. I also tried changing the gauge wire from the stepper motor to the ramps board from 26 to 18 hoping that its not getting enough voltage but didnt get any changes :/. So i have no idea where to go from here. Hopefully somebody here knows what the issue is? Thanks in advance for trying to help me out.
Re: Mendel i3 help. Complete Noob here.
February 06, 2014 11:35PM
What speed did you try to move the motors?
February 07, 2014 09:51AM
On pronterface? I tried to move them at 2000 mm/min for xy and 200 for the z axis.
February 07, 2014 12:14PM
loose connection, high feed rate, inappropriate pololu current could all contribute to this
February 07, 2014 05:44PM
How do i check the feed rate????
February 12, 2014 04:13AM
So i ended up figuring out it was a mix between my stepper motors wired incorrectly and the firmware not correctly configured. Thanks though to the people that did post.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login