Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First unbox and Build - Prusa I3X DIY Tech Shop

Posted by n9jcv 
Re: First unbox and Build - Prusa I3X DIY Tech Shop
September 10, 2014 06:27PM
Yeah, you don't need too much precision. I am not expert in soldering and I was able to easily do it. What I did was a little different from erikn: simply tin the cable well, heat up the connection points on the heated bed with the solder tip, put the cable tinned end on connection point and melt the tin. It is not difficult.

And erikn, no, I did not have to bridge the ground connection to get both of the ends to heat up. But I am not even sure if my bottom end is heating up at all or not, but I know to the top does. I will check when I go home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2014 06:31PM by shah123.
September 10, 2014 06:29PM
Currently I am having issues with Auto Bed Leveling. Here is the link to the post I have for this issue. But I am not getting much response. I guess people are not all that interested in Auto Bed Leveling. I am posting the link here in case if any of you have done it on their i3x.

[forums.reprap.org]
September 10, 2014 06:46PM
What I actually meant is that half the actual surface area of the bed did not print. Does the bottom need to get hot? Mine heats up within seconds I was surprised. Where did you place the thermistor and how did you attach it to the bed? I havnt done that yet I've just been testing steppers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login