Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

prusa mendel i3 rework at replikeo.com

Posted by flyingbingo 
prusa mendel i3 rework at replikeo.com
August 30, 2013 03:48PM
Hi everybody,
I have been looking around the internet for a prusa mendel i3 kit and found this web site. (www.replikeo.com)
Their prices (around $400.00 )seem to be cheap or too cheap to be real. Has anybody have any experience with this company?
Re: prusa mendel i3 rework at replikeo.com
August 30, 2013 09:35PM
It's just the frame. You need power and a few hundred in electronics too
http://replikeo.com/en/drinks/prusa-mendel-i3-rework-kit

Here is the $350 kit....It looks like everything you need. But it doesn't mention stepper motors, bearings or a specific nozzle. So, I'm just not sure.

(From the site)
This kit includes all the parts you need to build the latest version of the 3D printer designed by Josef Prusa.

The Prusa i3 is currently the latest version of the RepRap 3D printer. It consists of an aluminum frame of 6 mm and a Y carriage accommodating a platform print of 200 mm². The Hotend Magma fully machined metal can accommodate several nozzles with a diameter ranging from 0.3mm to 0.7mm. RAMPS 1.4 The controller can handle up to two nozzles.

The complete kit includes:
- Printed parts (ABS) i3 by eMotion Tech
- Aluminum frame and carriage
- 8mm shafts
- GT2 belts
- Magma Hotend for filament 3 mm
- Heatbed Mk2A fully assembled and soldered
- Ramps 1.4 and 4 stepsticks A4988
- Aluminum Pulleys
- Power Supply 400W
Just got this response back on facebook.

This is for the $400 model.

Replikeo wrote: "Hello Richard. The complete printer comes already assembled with a 0.4 mm nozzle and 1kg 3mm plastic filament. The printer is tested before being sent."
September 01, 2013 04:54PM
I looked at the Replikeo website and I think it says that the company is in Vietnam. Postage to Europe is $80 and on top of that there will be import duties and VAT on the who cost. I guess the total cost delivered in Europe is likely to be around $600.
But the typical i3 costs $800 plus about $70 shipping.

http://twelvepro.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=50

So, still about half price from Viet Nam
And I'm in Canada so I'll have to pay those VAT and fees anyway.
October 06, 2013 02:15PM
Am I missing something on their web site? I don't see any pictures of a fully assembled I3. Since they sell they assembled, I would think they would have a picture.
October 07, 2013 01:41AM
I got a pair of pictures and a short video clip from them when I asked for some more information yesterday. Here they are if you guys want to check them out. He sent me a shot of the frame prior to the coloring, I asked him if it was anodized or painted and have yet to hear back. I'm interested in this as well, the price seems really good.
October 07, 2013 07:35AM
That answers a lot of questions about what's included with the machine. I'd say that looks pretty complete.
October 07, 2013 11:38AM
As an update I was informed that the frame is powder coated. This is a tempting kit as shipping to the US is 60 meaning a full kit is 410.
March 28, 2014 09:02AM
Anyone already bought this kit?
March 29, 2014 12:27AM
Ha, the Replikeo i3 is using my printable spool holder design, cool!
April 02, 2014 10:09AM
Hi,
I'm interested to buy at replikeo too.
Prices are low, despite shipping from hong kong.

Anyone have bought one there ?
April 03, 2014 04:30PM
I just bought one with an aluminum frame. We'll see how this goes.
April 09, 2014 10:55PM
My printer kit shipped from Replikeo. I'll start a build thread once I get it. It'll probably take a month to receive it.
April 10, 2014 03:22AM
Me too. I take the iron model. It was sent yesterday.
April 10, 2014 01:09PM
This is very tempting - you'd have a really hard time sourcing the parts yourself and coming in at $410 shipped.

I'm just leery because of where this company originates. Then again, my experience with some US based 3D printer companies (Kickstarter campaigns) haven't been that great either.

Trike & Syl - Keep us posted...
April 11, 2014 10:19PM
Will Do... My Aluminum version came out to 494 shipped Via SAL to the USA.... Who knows how long it'll take to receive it. my guess is a month.
April 21, 2014 03:14PM
Anyone receive his kit ?
April 21, 2014 03:58PM
Mine made it into the US so far. i'm guessing I'll get it either this week or next.
April 21, 2014 05:25PM
I interested as well as I'm planning on starting a build as well.
May 04, 2014 02:05AM
>>>Trike, did your kit finally come? Is it as complete and robust as it sounds?

My bad, I see the other thread you started. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2014 02:08AM by gadget_greg.
May 26, 2014 03:25AM
Hi,
I have bought one iron kit at replikeo.
I received the packet about 30 days after buying. But the packet was so broken that I refused it.
I contact replikeo, they say they will send an another packet (renforced) by dhl. No news since last week. I hope they send it as soon as possible.
June 06, 2014 10:51PM
I also ordered iron one. Arrived 2 weeks later (I'm in NY, USA) via DHL. No damage, was packed very nicely. Looks like it has everything. Now I'm pulling remaining hair trying too assemble it, but it's not really their fault, rather pretty poor official instructions winking smiley
June 06, 2014 11:47PM
Same here Bratan, though I went for the default shipping and it took fully 4 weeks to get to upstate NY. I've got it fully assembled, now I'm trying to get the bed leveled...
July 08, 2014 06:54AM
I bought one from replikeo and had some issues with the kit (and replikeo).

• The printed components are of extremely low quality as if they used poorly calibrated printers to make these parts. 2 of the supplied parts were de-laminated and came apart under the slightest pressure.
  • The Plexiglas back supports were wrongly cut so the horizontal threaded bar was too high (about 7 mm).
  • Little or no warranty. One of the stepper motors didn't work properly, send 2 emails to replikeo about it but they didn't respond anymore.
  • The included "carbon" print plate wasn't flat, without a auto-leveling system it wouldn't work well
  • The threaded rods where rusted.
  • Poor build instructions.

If you do manage to get this kit build and working, print out new components (or backups) for this kit, you'll probably need them.

I did manage to get it working, although new issues keep arising almost every time i print. For someone who's starting 3D printing it can be quite challenging to get some decent prints, but you'll learn a lot winking smiley

I would recommend spending your money elsewhere...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2014 06:56AM by mainframe.
July 08, 2014 10:51AM
Please read this topic [forums.reprap.org]
You can find many useful posts there
February 02, 2015 08:21AM
I bought a similar kit for roughly the same price and am really regretting it.

Everything works, but the learning curve is much bigger, finding out what components you have is another issue.

Personally (More so if you live in the states) I would spend a few quid more and get something with decent data sheets.

I have had my printer since Christmas and yet to get anything other than strings of filament from it. I have spent the last 3 weeks reading up as the research I did prior to buying, was clearly not sufficient.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login