Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z endstop adjustment

Posted by pdhammond 
Z endstop adjustment
March 24, 2013 06:41PM
I'm having trouble getting the mechanical Z endstop adjusted properly and then staying there on a Prusa. Am I missing something? It seems that the Z endstop positioning is really important to getting a decent print, but the adjustment is very crude. Is there any good reason not to have the microswitch pushing onto a fine adjustment screw on the X carriage?

Thanks,
Pete.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2013 06:46PM by pdhammond.
Re: Z endstop adjustment
March 24, 2013 10:18PM
Nope, lots of modifications like this on thingiverse. Makes it much easier to tweak the z location.
March 25, 2013 03:38AM
March 25, 2013 10:17AM
Looks good, if I could get my Z range adjusted I'd be able to print one smiling smiley
March 25, 2013 10:18AM
Thanks, my Google-fu let me down.
March 25, 2013 01:19PM
Most G code generation software allows you to add start code to your G code file. A good method is to set the end stop somewhere near, then modify the zero position in software (you do a slight move in Z and reset the datum). It saves constantly having to move the mechanical end stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2013 09:01AM by martinprice2004.

Helium Frog Website
March 26, 2013 02:50AM
Also read this blog post by nophead:
[hydraraptor.blogspot.com.au]
That gives arguments for another option.
RepRob
March 30, 2013 06:44AM
Has anyone tried to mount Z-Endstop on the Extruder Head - sensoring when z-is making the extruder touching the bed?
I'm just thinking about this idea to get it automatically adjusted to my bed anytime I go to z-Home.
(a clean bed would be essential requirement)

Would a mechanical micro sitch be accurate enough? Or are other sensoring methods more suitable for that?
I think popular opto-endstops would not work, because for using them a defined x-y would be necessary to hit the opto-counterpart (aluminium plate ...)
So maybe a reflected light barrier or mechanical switch would be better.
February 08, 2014 03:03AM
martinprice2004
Most G code generation software allows you to add start code to your G code file. A good method is to set the end stop somewhere near, then modify the zero position in software (you do a slight move in Z and reset the datum). It saves constantly having to move the mechanical end stop.

Could this be done with proterface to remove the need to re-slice when the bed gets bumped?
I'm off to work out how to do this. If someone can tell me that would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login