Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prism 1.5 update

Posted by akhlut 
Prism 1.5 update
September 28, 2012 11:24AM
I've been working on some changes to the Prism 1.5 that I think will be of interest. Nothing earth-shattering, but changes that will provide additional build volume.

First, I've added a new top configuration to allow for additional Z. This also has the advantage of reducing the number of printed parts by 6, and the number of fasteners by 8. This change provides a per-machine cost savings as well as a much reduced assembly time. These supports can easily be adjusted to clear your specific X-carriage/extruder combination

Second I've changed the Z-Motor mounts to low-profile ones to provide additional Z - about a centimeter. Further changes may include a further reduction in the height of this component. They can be seen in the first image above.

Third, not really a change, but an addition. I've added printable post-insertion nuts so you can add lightweight accessories to the frame. Accessories like wire stand-offs or electronics holders, etc.

Also, by request a base is being designed a la MendelMax, where power supplies and electronics packages can reside. It will require 4 additional standard extrusions. It is my no means required, but you will be able add it on at any time and is not necessary for the frame.

In other news a new quick-fit X-carriage will be available soon, with LM8UU and LM10UU configurations. You can see the LM10UU version in the images above. I have eliminated the screw-clamps and gone to zip-ties to hold the carriage on. Also, this carriage can be added or removed without removing the bearings/rods from the x-ends. Just snip 4 zip ties and it comes off.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
Re: Prism 1.5 update
September 29, 2012 01:20AM
Hurray! the prism 1.5 is on the forums grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login