Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

heat bed not heating

Posted by charlieRC 
heat bed not heating
March 31, 2013 01:20PM
My heat bed is not heating up. No power is going to the bed. The hot end works fine, but I must have something wrong in the settings for the heat bed. Can someone give me some ideas of things I can look at. Right now, I have TEMP_SENSOR_BED set to 4, the 10k bed thermistor plugged into T3 on the Rambo board, the bed heater is plugged into HEAT2-BED. In Pronterface, I have the bed set to 110C and when I turn it on in software and monitor it, it never comes on (no power). Checked all three fuses and the're good.

Can someone give me some idea of what I should be looking at.

On a positive note, all the motors are working perfectly and I have been able to calibrate fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2013 03:40PM by charlieRC.
Re: heat bed not heating
April 17, 2013 03:42PM
If anyone could please help. I am having the same issue!
April 17, 2013 04:08PM
Join the club! My hotend and bed are dead at the moment!

Try putting a meter across the connection on the board - should be half way up, the top green block. You should see a reading of about 1.5ohm with meter set to 200. A few months back I developed a problem with a dodgy solder joint on the bed heater as it was one of the first ones I did!
April 18, 2013 08:19PM
Hi All,

I figure out my problem. It turned out that even though in the code, the bed seemed to be connected to the forth thermister header on the rambo, I need to plug it into the third. The reason that the heat was not coming on was that the thermistor was showing zero temp and the minimum to turn on was set to 30c I set it to -50c and the bed came on. Then, once plugged into the right thermistor header, it worked like a charm.

Short version...it was id-ten-T error (ID10T) ;>
November 20, 2013 07:23PM
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login