Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help: Budaschnozzle Jam?

Posted by uberstupidmove 
Help: Budaschnozzle Jam?
June 06, 2012 05:24AM
I bought a LulzBot 2.0 with a Budaschnozzle as the hot end. I have had this printer for less than 24 hours, and in that time it seems that a jam has formed in the hot end. I am able to feed plastic through the top of the printer and then after one or two full rotations of the large gear the tension is lost and any attempt to get the plastic through the nozzle is useless.
What is the next correct move for me?

Thank you.

Notes: I am using 3mm ABS
Re: Help: Budaschnozzle Jam?
June 07, 2012 12:48PM
I would take the idler wheel off and pull the filament out. Check to see if it's all chewed up. It probably is, so use a Q-tip and clean out the hobbed bolt grooves and the rest of the space where the bearing sits. Clean your idler bearing also.

Before you reassemble, turn on your hot end and wait until its at temp. Clip off the damaged filament and insert into the hot end. You should be able to push the filament through and make plastic springs on your build plate.

When you put the idler back on the fresh piece of plastic, make sure you give it some pretty good torque. I tighten mine to the springs are a fraction of being fully compressed.

Oh and the other thing that messed me up when I began was the my extruder was way off on the calibration. When I tried to feed X mm, the motor tried to extrude enough for 10X mm. It was too fast. The filament jammed then stripped. After you get chewed up plastic it stops feeding.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login