Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with debugging

Posted by l33tfr34k 
Help with debugging
October 19, 2016 12:09AM
I recently purchased a Max Micron Dual Extruder printer, it is a Chinese built Prusa i3 clone. In trying to tighten the calibration settings I accidentally wiped my firmware. After emailing the manufacturer they sent me the customized Marlin that is originally installed. Unfortunately, I am having some compiling issues. Below is a copy of the compiler errors and I have also attached to the file the manufacturer sent. I'm using the latest version of Arduino toolset to compile the program. I have done some coding in the past but it has been many years and it was never on this scale. I fear that I am in over my head and I hope that the internet can provide some help.

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:44:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here

__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;

^

exit status 1
using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
Attachments:
open | download - Max Micron Dual Extruder Marlin.zip (451.2 KB)
Re: Help with debugging
October 19, 2016 01:02AM
The marlin you have been given is really old and is not compatible with latest arduino IDE

The specifics

The old firmware uses the variable name fpos_t unfortunately this is now a reserved word in the newer arduino IDE.

You have to edit two files SdBaseFile.h and SdBaseFile.cpp

find all occurrences of fpos_t and change it to something else. eg FatPos_t
Re: Help with debugging
October 19, 2016 09:26PM
Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login