Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

slave processor

Posted by dissidence 
slave processor
October 13, 2010 01:20AM
i was wondering if any one out there knows of a firmware for the arduino that will allow me 2 100k thermistor inputs, and a serial connection to my mega, i am looking to model it off the hydra-MMM firmware but i am not nearly skilled enough to do it just yet.

i am looking to have it not just read my temps but to also have it control my 3 pwm outputs, and also a tri color led for quick reference blue for cold green for go and red for hot.

thats the easy part i think, but i still have allot to learn about the programming part of things still

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
Re: slave processor
October 13, 2010 04:42PM
The "official" hydra-mmm firmware has a slave firmware packaged in the .zip along side the master firmware. http://sourceforge.net/projects/hydra-mmm/files/Software-and-Firmware/Hydra-MMM_v1.4/Hydra-MMM_v1_4.zip/download

I have not tried it though. Maybe the slave firmware is different, but I don't think the original master firmware supported a thermistor when using it as an all-in-one firmware.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2010 07:11PM by dazed.dnc.
October 13, 2010 11:24PM
that one is setup for use with for use with thermocouples unfortunately i think i am going to have to modity it to read thermistors. so i am trying to do it my self, but i do not fully grasp the coding yet,

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
October 14, 2010 06:14PM
I tried combining bits from Joaz's fork with the original. I wasn't able to print with it, but the temperature control did seem to work. I made some other changes to the way the heated build plate works, so it won't be as simple as copy/paste. I am not using a slave controler, so I did not attempt to edit the slave firmware either. I'm not sure what you will need to change to make it support the extra controler.

If you think it will help, I can try posting my version. As I said, I was not able to print with it. It was a quick-and-dirty hack, so I'd rather not make it public unless you really want it. I think you will be able to learn just as much from joaz's firmware though.
October 14, 2010 06:46PM
cool thanks, i am hoping that i can get it to work, i want my slave processor to do more than just read the temps, i am trying to get it to control the heaters has well. but i dont have the pins to do a screen on it has is. but i may still try any how.

i am just trying the idea out to see how well it works. i may or may not stick with it, i will have to see.

[mike-mack.blogspot.com]
October 17, 2010 11:03PM
I think a great use for a slave processor is as a printer controlr and human interface device.

It could be interposed serialy between the host computer (or none at all) and the printer. Providing SD card, keypad and display as well as a largish buffer.

These are functions that are realy useful but get in the way of speedy control of the mechanism so ar ripe for being algorithmicaly re distributed.

Sheep (Julie) I think already did a bunch of work on this. Not sure how far she got though.

Necessity hopefully becomes the absentee parent of successfully invented children.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login