Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arduino MEGA 2650 Temperature overhead

Posted by Smart 
Arduino MEGA 2650 Temperature overhead
April 28, 2015 10:19AM
Hello RepRapers,
I am testing latest released Marlin FW 1.0.2 in my 3D printer. My printer is monitored by OctoPrint, but I always print from SD card. Today, I spotted strange behaviour of my nozzle temperature - when there was a lot of small moves (high resolution cirle, etc.) the temperature felt down from 230°C to 170°C on OctoPrint graph. There was "Cold extrusion prevented" in serial log too. After this anomally, nozzle heated up again. I spotted this behaviour first time, NTC thermistor is OK. Other prints temperature regulation is rock-stable (+/- 0.5°C).

I think that the processor have no more time to handle temperature regulation when there is high GCODE command flow.

Do anybody have the same issue? smiling smiley

Regards!
Smart - O.C.
Re: Arduino MEGA 2650 Temperature overhead
April 28, 2015 12:15PM
What type of printer is it? Does the electronics have a graphical LCD attached?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 28, 2015 05:02PM
Sounds to me like it might be a loose connection somewhere in the hot end circuit. I've had it happen a couple of times. Moving back and forth weakens connection points, and it gets exacerbated when it is moving in short fast bursts that shake the whole machine.

The first time this happened to me, it seemed random, but then I realized it was always near the same spot on the bed. I eventually traced it to a broken solder connection. Hopefully it's something that simple for you.
April 29, 2015 04:09AM
Hello all,
thanks for your answers! My printer have Graphical RepRapDiscount LCD.
What type of printer do you mean dc42? It is based on open-source project, but mime and friends built: www.poseidon3d.cz

Idea with "the same spot on the bed" looks great, I will check it - thanks!
I have checked all thermistor connectios and it looks OK. I will check it once again with heating block too and give a message ;-)

Regards
April 29, 2015 09:05AM
You should use the latest development branch. The 1.0.2 don't mean that this was stable. Also there is a lot of improvement done, to make the display and a lot of other things much more stable and faster.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
April 30, 2015 07:48AM
Hello all,
so finally I have found my problem source - it was thermistor wiring, cable was broken from bending by carriage movement :-(

I will upgrade my Marlin release too, the only problem is, that somebody already programmed code for run of filament detection, which I already have for a long time, so I will need to compare both new and my old code to rewrite my function into new version.

Regards!
O.C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login