Advanced

Something about PIN in Reprapfirmwareconfused smiley

Posted by sevenljy 
Something about PIN in Reprapfirmwareconfused smiley
December 22, 2014 04:41AM
I am confused about the pins defined in Reprapfirmware.FOR EXAMPLE:
#define STEP_PINS {14, 25, 5, X2, 41, 39, X4, 49}
#define DIRECTION_PINS {15, 26, 4, X3, 35, 53, 51, 48}
I can not figure out the relationship between the duet and the pin numbers.Are these pin numbers defined in the Reprapfirmware?
I want to change the pin numbers about Z PROBE,I must figure out the pin numbers according to the duet.
PLEASE give me some advices.
Sorry for my poor English.
Re: Something about PIN in Reprapfirmwareconfused smiley
December 22, 2014 06:24AM
What is "Reprapfirmware"? We have quite a choice, Marlin ( + some 20 forks), Repetier, Teacup, aprinter, Smoothieware, they all do the same, but are configured a bit differently.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

December 22, 2014 06:37AM
it is ormerod.reprapfirmware078 by DC42
December 24, 2014 04:54AM
sevenljy
it is ormerod.reprapfirmware078 by DC42

The original is by Adrian Bower of RepRapPro and others, see [github.com]. It is firmware for the Duet electronics, shipped as standard with the RepRapPro Ormerod, but also used to control other printers e.g. Prusa.

It differs from Marlin in a few important respects:

1. All parameters that you need to adjust are configurable in gcodes read from the SD card at startup. So there is no need for ordinary users to recompile the firmware.

2. It has a built-in web server, providing a web interface to the printer. This provides all the usual control functions, plus real-time reporting of printer status and fast file uploading to SD card.

My fork of it is at [github.com]. Ignore the master branch, that tracks the RRP version, but is a little out of date now. The active branches are dev and delta.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login