Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TEACUP extruder Motor No Power

Posted by itscipher 
TEACUP extruder Motor No Power
November 27, 2013 10:28AM
Hello,
I have tried all the firmwares for my RepStrip and Teacup works the best for what I need. The only thing I cant figure out is my Extruder motor will not turn on. It does turn on using Marlin? (as soon as the temperature is right) am i missing something inside TEACUP? I am using RAMPS 1.4. All other drives turn and and run fine. I have check the PINS
#define E_STEP_PIN DIO26
#define E_DIR_PIN DIO28
//#define E_ENABLE_PIN DIO24
//#define E_INVERT_DIR
//#define E_INVERT_ENABLE
Is there another way to enable the drive inside teacup?
Thanks!
Ryan
Re: TEACUP extruder Motor No Power
November 28, 2013 04:43AM

#define E_STEP_PIN DIO26
#define E_DIR_PIN DIO28
//#define E_ENABLE_PIN DIO24

Looking at the RAMPS schematics, this electronics has a dedicated extruder enable line. DIO24 appears to be right, just removing the // in front of it should work.

Please let me know wether it works to allow me fixing this for everybody.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

November 28, 2013 09:14AM
Hey! Thanks a lot that worked! The E_ is running a A4988 Stepper. All my other axis are big power drives the china CW230s (on a budget) that don't need enabling. I must say your firmware is nice! I normally use Parker/Compumotor products at work to automate big machinery but wanted to tinker at home! With a CNC router / 3D printer. Your firmware has helped a lot in making big drives and motors work great! I will be running test this weekend on printed parts!!! Again thanks!!!!
#define E_STEP_PIN DIO26
#define E_DIR_PIN DIO28
#define E_ENABLE_PIN DIO24
//#define E_INVERT_DIR
#define E_INVERT_ENABLE
November 29, 2013 05:21AM
Thanks for the contribution. Committed to master, experimental and cross branch.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login