Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup & Gen3 & G162 problem

Posted by François Delègue 
Teacup & Gen3 & G162 problem
October 03, 2013 05:24AM
I'am trying to configure Teacup (last commit, da08567 etc.) with an old Gen3 electronics, for a CNC milling machine.

All is good for the 3 axes when moving and homing negative with G161. But I need to inverse the homing direction for 2 axes, so I try to use G162. But when reaching the endstops, the motor don't stop and continues running quicker than searching endstops speed… great problem! perhaps a bug…?

As it could be a side effect of some settings, I tryed to change some configuration constants, ENDSTOP_STEPS or LOOKAHEAD for example, defining X_Y_Z_MIN_PIN and/or X_Y_Z_MAX_PIN, with no effect.

I tryed to investigate homing.c but it was quickly out of my abilities…

Some precisions: I use mechanical endstops so USE_INTERNAL_PULLUPS is defined. The problem occurs if the axe direction is inverted or not.

Many thanks for any idea! I joined my config.h file.

François
Attachments:
open | download - config.h (23.7 KB)
Re: Teacup & Gen3 & G162 problem
October 04, 2013 06:24AM
G161 and G162 are gone and replaced by G28. If you want to home on the max side, #define max endstops. If you want to home on the min side, #define min endstops.

First thing to check is wether your endstops work at all, of course. M119 reports their status.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

October 04, 2013 07:35AM
Thanks Markus, are MAX_ENDSTOPS and MIN_ENDSTOPS playing with all axis? Are we speaking of the same Teacup's branch? Didn't find any define max or min endstops in config templates in main branch…

François
October 05, 2013 04:57AM
Regarding endstops, all branches have the same code. You #define an endstop by defining its pin and there we have:

#define	X_MIN_PIN							DIO0
//#define	X_MAX_PIN							xxxx
#define	Y_MIN_PIN							DIO1
//#define	Y_MAX_PIN							xxxx
#define	Z_MIN_PIN							DIO2
//#define	Z_MAX_PIN							xxxx

This sample defines min endstops on all three axes. To make a min endstop a max endstop, comment out {XYZ}_MIN_PIN and remove the comment from {XYZ}_MAX_PIN. Then copy the pin number.

As you can see, each axis has its own endstop pair, so you can mix a min endstop on one axis with a max endstop on other axes. You can even have both on an axis, but this isn't very useful for homing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2013 05:00AM by Traumflug.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login