Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Motors

Posted by coyoteln 
Motors
August 06, 2012 05:25PM
Okay folks, here goes: I have a Prusa Mendel with Arduino mega 2560/Ramps 1.4, 4 Pololu A4988 stepper drivers, 5 motors and Teacup firmware, com 1 at 115200 baud, using Windows XP. I made the mods to Teacup config.h and makefile as (best I can tell from the many suggestions on the web) and it compiles and uploads just fine using Arduino 1.0.1. When I run pronterface it connects just fine but when I try to jog the motors the only motor that runs is the X axis, but that runs the motor on the E0 socket and not the X socket. (As an aside, as long as that socket was working, I switched out all the drivers and tested them against all the motors – so I know all the drives work and the motors are wired correctly and work)

So I’m stuck, why can’t I get the other drives/motors to work.

John
Re: Motors
August 07, 2012 03:21AM
That suggests you have a config.h for the wrong RAMPS version: pins 26/28 are X on old (pre-1.3) RAMPS but E0 on current RAMPS. The correct RAMPS 1.4 pin settings can be found here.
Re: Motors
August 07, 2012 04:42AM
Oh, and when you get it working, please don't forget to provide us the working config.h, so it can be included in the Teacup repository. Here or with the issue tracker on Github smiling smiley

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login