Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Leveling a particular area based off the current print's size

Posted by kasper219 
Leveling a particular area based off the current print's size
May 06, 2015 09:32AM
I was wondering if there was a way in Marlin to level a particular area of my printer based off of say the min and max of the print even if i had to send those values with a custom G code command or script when i start the print? I know how to set the parameters for the auto level in the firmware, but i didn't know if there was a way to send the area i want to level rather than the whole print bed.

Say I had a print bed of 500mm x 500mm and was only printing an object in the front left and would take up a print surface area of 100mm x 80mm, how would I go about auto leveling for that area or at most 100mm x 100mm. And if i were to print 1 object at a time, level area 1 print then level area 2 and print?

I am guessing I would have to add a custom Gcode command and send the minX, minY, maxX, & maxY (possibly the number of probe points as well or just have that as a preset)?
Re: Leveling a particular area based off the current print's size
May 06, 2015 10:10AM
G29 P3 L100 R200 F100 B100

P3: 3x3 points
L100: Left X100
R200: Right X200
F100: Front Y100
B200: Back Y200

With that you scan an area of 100x100 with 3x3 points.

2 different levels are not possible (or not programmed)

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
May 14, 2015 12:21PM
The above command is over riden by the preset values in the printer already..... Is there a variable or a flag that I can set/change to allow the above leveling command to work in Marlin?
May 22, 2015 08:45AM
You should use the latest Developement Branch to have this feature.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login