Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help needed compiling Teacup_Firmware_Teensy3

Posted by unix_guru 
Help needed compiling Teacup_Firmware_Teensy3
February 12, 2015 02:42PM
I downloaded and unzipped the Teensy3 fork of Teacup_Firmware from github.

I have followed the instructions as to copying the config.teensy3.h to teensy.h arduino.teensy3.h to arduino.h and ThermistorTable.double.h to ThermistorTable.h.

I open the .pde file with Arduino 1.0.6 (On Ubuntu 10.10 if that makes any difference) and when I attempt to compile, I get an error in the gcode_parse.c file as below:

gcode_parse.c:30: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'read_digit'
gcode_parse.c:33: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'next_target'
gcode_parse.c: In function 'gcode_parse_char':
gcode_parse.c:115: error: 'read_digit' undeclared (first use in this function)
gcode_parse.c:115:22: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

I have edited nothing.

Best I can tell from other Google searches on this type of error, is that there is punctuation missing prior, but I've reviewed, and it all looks appropriate as below:

#include "gcode_parse.h"

/* \file
\brief Parse received G-Codes
*/

#include

#include "serial.h"
#include "sermsg.h"
#include "dda_queue.h"
#include "debug.h"
#include "heater.h"
#include "sersendf.h"

#include "gcode_process.h"

#ifdef SIMULATOR
#include "simulator.h"
#endif

/// current or previous gcode word
/// for working out what to do with data just received
uint8_t last_field = 0;

/// crude crc macro
#define crc(a, b) (a ^ b)

/// crude floating point data storage
decfloat BSS read_digit;

/// this is where we store all the data for the current command before we work out what to do with it
GCODE_COMMAND BSS next_target;

Any ideas? I'm kind of stuck...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 02:46PM by unix_guru.
Re: Help needed compiling Teacup_Firmware_Teensy3
February 12, 2015 04:25PM
Thanks for trying and even more so for reporting!

First thing is, Arduino 1.0.x is for ATmega based Arduinos only, so no compiler for ARMs there. You need v1.5.x or later, which was made for ARM based Arduinos and has the equipment to compile for the Teensy3.

There's a discussion on Github regarding this branch: [github.com] I just added this topic. Apparently there are some pieces missing.

Not to forget, Teensy3 and Teensy3.1 are similar, but not equal. Still the Teensy3.1 branch might give better results even for an Teensy3, there I'm pretty sure the "it prints!" wasn't only wishful thinking.

Teensy3.1 branch discussion: [github.com]

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 12, 2015 04:46PM
Thank you so much. Well... not to be argumentative, because I truly DO appreciate the help, but Arduino 1.0.x does support the Freescale ARM processor in the Teensy with the addition of the Teensyduino plugin.
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Teensyduino 1.20 supports only Arduino version 1.0.5 and 1.0.6.

I've been working on this Teensy for a few months now, getting DC motor / Quadrature Encoders to replace Steppers. I have been quite successful to date (long slow journey), but I thought it was time to merge it with a fork of Teacup_Firmware.

So I thought FIRST, I would just compile Teacup_Firmware_Teensy3 on it's own, and well... here I am...
February 12, 2015 04:49PM
February 12, 2015 05:00PM
unix_guru
Well... not to be argumentative, because I truly DO appreciate the help, but Arduino 1.0.x does support the Freescale ARM processor in the Teensy with the addition of the Teensyduino plugin.

My next question was about wether you have this package installed :-) Here at RepRap you initially never know wether you talk to people who never saw a command line or somebody who compiles packages daily and knows Github better than his pocket.

Looking at the size of this addition package it looks like it comes with a compiler, so this issue is likely solved.

unix_guru
... I'm developing around the Teensy 3.1

Ah, it's a Teensy 3.1 now :-) In that case I definitely recommend the teensy3.1 branch. Not more up to date regarding feature set than teensy3, but we have proof of printed parts :-)

BTW., nice work and I also love exchanging arguments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 05:01PM by Traumflug.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login