Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup compile error

Posted by stefanst 
Teacup compile error
March 30, 2012 08:41PM
I just downloaded the latest version: commit a6e2a10f10
I'm trying to upload/ compile using the Arduino IDE. Tried versions are 0.23 and 1.0
No such luck - it always throws the same error at me:

config.h:33:3: error: #error RAMPS has 1280/2560! set your cpu type in Makefile!

I get that multiple times - looks like any time it parses the config.h file.

I uncommented the following line in the makefile:

MCU_TARGET = atmega1280

And commented all the other ones out.

Using the RAMPS V1.2 config.

What am I doing wrong?

ST
Re: Teacup compile error
March 31, 2012 08:08AM
Arduino IDE doesn't use the Makefile. To use the Makefile, use "make" on the command line to build the firmware and "make program" to send it to the controller.

If you want to use Arduino IDE you have to find a support package for that CPU. Similar to the Gen7 Arduino IDE Support package, but I'm not aware of one which also supports the 1280. If you're brave, you can edit boards.txt inside the Arduino IDE package to craft one on your own.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

March 31, 2012 08:51AM
Total noob mistake. Traumflug & Triff please forgive me!

From another project I still had the UNO selected under boards. Changed to MEGA and everything's working.

Doh!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2012 09:41AM by stefanst.
March 31, 2012 02:03PM
I used Teacup on a 1280 for over a year and never got any complaints from the Arduino IDE (you just select atmega 1280). And I never used the the make file.

But I did stop updating Teacup about 4 months ago because it had become Gen7 firmware and so much had stopped working on RAMPS and Sanguinololu. Like the thermistor tables being wrong and not compliling unless you used the gen7 one and always exceeding the step rate limit even at low low low speeds. Half of the enable pins were inverted when I tried one version. I finally gave up on it entirely last month and moved to Marlin.

I would love to explain all the issues I found trying to use anything newer than b80c736 but I do not have that much time and they have all been mentioned in various threads on the forum with little to no response or effort to fix them.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
April 01, 2012 12:23AM
Hi Sublime,

I just uploaded the latest version. I had to modify the config some, because my pin-outs are different from RAMPS and I'm using gears with unusual numbers of teeth, but other than that it worked out of the box.
The only odd thing was that the speed for the Z-Axis changed. The approximate velocity I used to get when setting it to 300mm/min I now get at 100mm/min or so. This does seem more realistic though, so I assume this is an actual fix to a problem.

So all-in-all: I like the latest teacup. It reads the temperatures on both- my extruder and my heated bed too.

I do have a wish though: Diffrent PID paramters for different heaters, used at the same time. For example extruder and heated bed. And the possibility to run the extruder with PID and the heated bed with bang-bang control, since I'm using a relay there....

However, I may be moving to Marlin soon - the look-ahead option sounds highly tempting.

ST
April 01, 2012 06:58AM

Like the thermistor tables being wrong and not compliling unless you used the gen7 one

One person finally (after several months!) managed to copy his error message along with a description of what exactly he did, and the fix was a matter of an hour or two. Another breakage which happened on Arch Linux only, took some 90 seconds to fix.

BTW., the "Gen7" thermistor table was removed. Because these tables don't depend on the type of electronics, but on the type of thermistor(s) you use. Not easy to communicate in a world where everything is communicated by brands ("Sanguinololu", "RAMPS", ...).

Similar with everything else. From the programmer's point of view all electronics are pretty much the same and all the config templates match by some 80%. If a firmware works on a Gen7 it also works on a RAMPS.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login