Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teacup with fan?

Posted by destroyer2012 
Teacup with fan?
March 11, 2012 03:13AM
I know there was a mention about this at some point in the past, but I still don't understand so I'm going to make another thread.

I have a seperate extruder controller board (Arduino 168) that talks to my motherboard via rs485. How do I set up the firmware to control a fan attached to the extruder board? There's a FAN_PIN setting in the config.h of the extruder board, and I've set that to a pin but M106 still does nothing. Are there more settings I need to enable for it to work?

Thanks for the help.
Re: Teacup with fan?
March 11, 2012 06:51AM
There's also this HEATER_FAN thing. A fan is handled like a heater, but without thermistor. Perhaps you have to connect the fan to the main board. Quite possibly you have to dive into the souce of Teacup to find out how this is handled.

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Re: Teacup with fan?
March 11, 2012 02:31PM
Awesome! Thanks for the hint Traumflug. Here's what I did:

I uncommented DEFINE_HEATER(fan, PORTB, PINB5, OCROC) and changed it to DEFINE_HEATER(fan,AIO2) (because my heater is connected to analog pin 2) then below I uncommented #define HEATER_FAN HEATER_fan

And now it works! Of course I had to connect the fan pin to my sanguino mainboard at analog 2. It would be nice if it worked with the seperate extruder controller, but I guess that's my fault for sticking with obsolete electronics (and being too lazy to rewire everything).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login