Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host - Would it work with Marlin, How do you link to Slic3r?

Posted by Flackster 
Repetier Host - Would it work with Marlin, How do you link to Slic3r?
January 11, 2012 04:25AM
Hi,

(BTW - Sorry if his is posted in the wrong place. It's more a software question than firmware but this seems to be the place that Repetier is being discussed. The closest thing the Software folder has is 'experimental' and that didn't feel quite right)

After a while away from playing with the firmware/slicing/printer front end software chain I'm looking at my options again. I liked the look of Repetier previously but want to check out other options/combinations too.

My current firmware is old Mendel-parts FiveD (err…I think). I want to move on to better stuff now. However, while I'm trying to get my chain components working Can I just install the Repetier host and use that? Or will there be compatibility problems?

Similarly, If I decided I wanted the option to use Marlin can I load that firmware up but still drive use the repetier Host?

Also, I saw someone mention that Repetier can integrate with Slic3r (instead of Skeinforge, I assume). Again my Slic3r/Skeinforge choice is not in stone (I'll probably use both depending on my print needs, such as support material). How do I set things to use Slic3r not Skeinforge? (the documentation seems to only talk about Skeinforge)

Thanks

Pete
Re: Repetier Host - Would it work with Marlin, How do you link to Slic3r?
January 11, 2012 05:29AM
Very simple choice.
Repetier-Host works with most firmware versions including Marlin and I think fiveD should also work.

You can use Skeinforge and Slic3r with Repetier-Host.
Slic3r is already included. For Skeinforge you need to install it yourself and just tell Repetier-Host where it is installed.
Inside the Host you have a Menu where you select which slicer you want to use. With just one click you can switch to slic3r or back to Skeinforge.

The docs are not up to date, thats why slic3r isn't mentioned at some places.

I started the thread in experimental but I don't think the software is experimental. Many users already use it for productions.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
January 11, 2012 06:09AM
Excellent! - Thanks for quick reply

Sounds perfect.

Indeed - I'm quite surprised there isn't already a Repetier sub-area in the software folder.

Of course, once I've played with various options, I suspect I may well end up just using Repetier firmware and host smiling smiley
(if I can ever work out what the multitude of EEPROM values actually do)

Thanks

Pete
January 11, 2012 06:25AM
Flackster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Indeed - I'm quite surprised there isn't already a
> Repetier sub-area in the software folder.

That would be nice, but I have no influence on this.

>
> Of course, once I've played with various options,
> I suspect I may well end up just using Repetier
> firmware and host smiling smiley
> (if I can ever work out what the multitude of
> EEPROM values actually do)
They correspond to values also found in configuration.h where you find additional informations. The text send if you use the host eeprom window should indicate what it means and which unit to use.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
VDX
January 11, 2012 06:54AM
repetier Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Flackster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Indeed - I'm quite surprised there isn't already
> a
> > Repetier sub-area in the software folder.
>
> That would be nice, but I have no influence on
> this.

... it's mainly a matter of interest-level.

I can create a repetier-subforum if wished smiling smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
April 02, 2013 09:36AM
@repetier, is their a page that calls out all the functions of the different lines of code in config? like a version for dummys? id like to know what some of the later code means
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login