Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin on XP64

Posted by wallester 
Marlin on XP64
December 01, 2011 05:56PM
Has anyone been able to run Marlin successfully on Win XP 64bit? Mine won't upload to the machine.
Re: Marlin on XP64
December 02, 2011 03:00AM
wallester Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone been able to run Marlin successfully on
> Win XP 64bit? Mine won't upload to the machine.

The firmware is independent from your operating system. The problem is your Arduino framework or the upload in general. Have you already tried the following two tricks:

1. After you see the compilation is finished, press the reset button on your controller. Normally a new connection causes your controller to reset, but sometimes this doesn't happen.

2. Also java is OS independent, some things may not work with the 64 bit java version. Try the 32 bit version.

Also make sure you selected the correct board. Different boards have different bootloader.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 02, 2011 03:51AM
Thanks for the tips. I tried the reset. That didn't do anything. I'll have to check the 32 bit java. I'm running a Sanguinololu so I downloaded the Gen6 version. The Gen6 version of Marlin only gives one motherboard selection.
December 02, 2011 12:05PM
wallester Wrote:
> Thanks for the tips. I tried the reset. That
> didn't do anything. I'll have to check the 32 bit
> java. I'm running a Sanguinololu so I downloaded
> the Gen6 version. The Gen6 version of Marlin only
> gives one motherboard selection.

That's your problem. Gen6 ≠ Sanguinololu. You want either the "non gen 6" version or else the Beta 1 branch. Either way, select 62 as your motherboard in the config file.
December 02, 2011 12:22PM
wallester Wrote:
> Thanks for the tips. I tried the reset. That
> didn't do anything. I'll have to check the 32 bit
> java. I'm running a Sanguinololu so I downloaded
> the Gen6 version. The Gen6 version of Marlin only
> gives one motherboard selection.

Thats not what I'm saying. In the Arduino menu you have to select the proper Board (Sanguino). Of course you have to select the correct board in the configuration.h, too, also as pointedstick said gen6 i s not always correct. It's just a sanguino board, but not necessary the same pin layout for the functions.
Most Arduino-Installations don't even know Sanguino (If you see Mega, Duecemille etc but no Sanguino). If that is the case, you have to install the Sanguino files on your own. Read the sanguino.cc homepage on how to do. After that your Arduino IDE knows how to upload to that board.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
December 02, 2011 01:46PM
Hey Wally,

He is saying you need to use [github.com] not [github.com] They are both under Gen6 repo but under different branches.

v1 has options for different boards and the master repo does not.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
December 02, 2011 02:06PM
Ahh. Obviously way off track here. Got it now. I'm off to get the right Marlin. Thanks all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login