Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't complete long prints with Marlin (line number is not last line number+1, last line:0)

Posted by Pointedstick 
I'm having severe problems with Marlin again. It's that old "line number is not last line number+1, last line:0" problem that I've filed an issue for: [github.com]

I'm using a Prusa Mendel with a Sanguinololu 1.3a. Host software and baud rate seem to make no difference; I've printed at 250000 in Pronterface and 115200 in Replicatorg. Nor does the gcode generator seem to make a difference; with both Skeinforge and Slic3r, long prints still like to explode.

I've made sure that BUFSIZE in Marlin.pde is set to 4 instead of the default 8, but it doesn't help. It seems that the longer the print, the more likely I am to hit this; small calibration cubes print fine, but big prints like Yoda heads usually blow up after an hour or two. I'm really bummed, since Marlin produces beautiful prints due to the lookahead acceleration planning. Just take a look at these prints. Both used the same gcode files; the one on the left was printed with Sprinter, and the half-finished one on the right was printed with Marlin:

If only it had finished! Do any of the Marlin devs have any idea what's going on here? I'd really like to keep using it…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2011 03:02PM by Pointedstick.
(I just posted this on your other thread, not sure if this is your problem or not, but worth a try)

I had a similar problem with Gen6/Marlin/Sells Mendel/Sfact.

Any print that was eventually larger than the initial base layer (i.e. pink panther bust) would appear to skip steps.
The base layer would start at 0,0 (left corner) and if any layer above it whet beyond
that range it would reflect to the opposite side; giving the illusion of it skipping steps.

Any print that was the same or smaller than the base layer (like a cube, or tower) was fine, even
long multi-hour prints.

By using multiply to move the print away from the edges (so that even the overhang is not
near the edges (i.e. 50,50 or 100,100) , the issue went away instantly.

W
This problem has been fixed for me by using the latest beta Marlin at [github.com]
Pointedstick

I'm using a Prusa Mendel with a Sanguinololu 1.3a. Host software is Pronterface Win7. Sprinter works.

Marlin beta 1 compiler error when motherboard 62. Slic3r 0.5.0 creates gcode file that is empty. Do you have sample folder for both that work?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login