Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin setup

Posted by Lars_A 
Marlin setup
October 05, 2011 08:42AM
After trying to elimenate my problems with a gap between my holes and my infill Forums.reprap.org I tried switching to Marlin firmware and pronterface. However I am getting rather frustated trying to calibrate it and I can't seem to find any guide or forum threads discussing the firmware setup.

I have gotten the filament calibrated right after lowering the steps_pr_mm by about half. my problem now is that my retract speed looks like it is too high so the motor is skipping steps, afterwards it is then extruding all the filament that it should have retracted leaving way to much filament.
My other problem is that z axis also seems to be moving to fast so it is also skipping steps.

All in all my prints end up as a blop on the heatplate but at least there are no gaps.
Re: Marlin setup
October 05, 2011 02:37PM
I just checked your other thread, and your firmware is probably not the problem. You have other settings issues in skeinforge which are causing trouble (or something mechanically buggy in your machine), and Marlin will not solve any of that. I'm going to make my suggestions in the other thread to keep things uncluttered.
Re: Marlin setup
October 13, 2011 11:10AM
thank you for your feedback both here and on the other post.
I managed to get my new firmware working proberly and it did pretty much solve the problem. However I think it was partly because I put some more effort into calibrating my E_steps_pr_mm. Now it is printing better than ever.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login