Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folgertech marlin firmware missing the Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER define?

Posted by dlc60 
Folgertech marlin firmware missing the Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER define?
April 12, 2017 12:18PM
Hey all,

I am building a Folgertech Kossel 2020 delta printer. I have the electronics and mechanics working. I got their older marlin code to compile by fixing bugs that don't work with the new Arduino compilers as well. I have gotten the bed height, Z probe offset, etc. all working as usual. Then I got to the calibration section of their manual that sets the Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER value. OK, I found that value, but when I looked in the configuration file to set it, that define isn't in there. In fact, I searched the entire file set and it isn't in anything.

I have no idea what value knowing the offset of the inductive sensor from the extruder may be, but I am supposed to set it. And I can't. I am thinking that this is needed for the auto-bed leveling code, but...?

Anyway, is the Folgertech code so old that it isn't in there, and if so, why is finding it in the printer's user (build) manual? Or, is this something that isn't in the marlin firmware, but rather something that goes into the CURA software setup.

Any insight is appreciated!
DLC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login