Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Firmware for RAMPS 1.4 Plus -made by 3dymy -china

Posted by tacho_inc 
Marlin Firmware for RAMPS 1.4 Plus -made by 3dymy -china
March 29, 2017 09:33AM
Hello guys, I'm new here so please have patience with me.

I got a chinese 3D printer, its a copy of the MakerBot, in fact it looks like the FlashForge it has a RAMPS 1.4 Plus BT7272A as shown below

it came with pre-loaded firmware with a poor display options, I mean it has a 12864 display that supports FULL Graphics but I think it was configured similar to the "Character set Display" ...... the thing was working just fine printing wise.... so... I decided to update the firmware and downloaded the latest firmware and selected the RAMPS 1.3/1.4 motherboard (33) and compiled/uploaded to the board and there she was ...... standing in the sun ...with nothing in her eyes..... the printer display is now showing the new Marlin layout with the fan graphic and all BUT.......

Bed and heatbed heaters are interchanged, I know the PIN8 and PIN10 issue and the X, Y, Z with their respective Endstops are working just fine...... ONLY the filament extruder is not working and I mean completely not working even after pre-heating the nozzle to baypass the protection commands in the firmware.

I've been struggling with this for the last 10 days, tried a lot of other firmwares with many alterations on the Configuration.h and pins.h etc... but no use.

The problem is that I was a bit lazy and didn't try to dump the original firmware on a hex file via AVRDude just in case things go wrong and that what happened after all.

Does anyone of you have the original firmware from 3Dymy so that I can continue trying to solve this but this time with a recovery plan, I mean the printer doesn't work now.

By the way, I've been digging the internet looking for a firmware that was specifically configured for RAMPS 1.4 Plus but I couldn't find anything useful.

THANK YOU ALL in advance

Tacho

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2017 09:36AM by tacho_inc.
Re: Marlin Firmware for RAMPS 1.4 Plus -made by 3dymy -china
March 29, 2017 05:27PM
[forums.reprap.org]

Try this post above. I have the same board and I got this version to work and it will also work with the newest Arduino IDE. The version that came with my printer was not compile with the new Arduino IDE. Disable the auto bed leveling and remember to invert the z-min endstop and it should work.

Also look here: [github.com]

This is the marlin with a fix for the board.

Let me know if it you cannot get it to work and I can attach the marlin files I use.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2017 06:49PM by amsqrl.
March 30, 2017 03:38AM
Hi, thanks a lot for your reply, I remember that I downloaded the firmware offered by RobAltenburg from GitHub (he is offering it with 2004LCD while I have the 12864) but I faced some problems such as after uploading the firmware the display was blank and only the backlight was on, just blue and not a single pixel and I tried a lot to change the definition for the RepRapDiscount Full Graphic Smart Controller but no use.

if you can, I would be grateful to test your firmware on my machine and inform you and everyone about the progress.

Thanks

Tacho
March 31, 2017 10:01PM
This is the RC8 that works for me. I compressed it with 7-zip. Hope it helps.
Attachments:
open | download - marlin_Prusa_i3_rc8 (495.2 KB)
April 02, 2017 04:11AM
Dear amsqrl,

Thank you a lot for your assistance, your firmware worked.

I really appreciate it

my regards

Tacho
April 02, 2017 10:18AM
You are welcome. Some of the issues are that the BT7272A board that we have has are because it does not have the standard 1.4 ramps pinout. I am glad it worked for you. The software is also ready if you decide to convert to auto bed leveling. You can get a proximity sensor and install it. It should work by uncommenting some of the auto level section code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 10:19AM by amsqrl.
April 06, 2017 03:57AM
Hi, i have the same board and tried to upload the firmware that you have. Im trying to get my lcd to work but still no disply and only backlight is on. Im using the reprapdiscount full graphics controller lcd 12864. Any help will be appreciated. Newbie here. Thanks
April 11, 2017 07:53AM
FĂ­jate si no tenes que re programar algunos pines
Attachments:
open | download - HTB1JZOKKXXXXXbpXVXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg (174.7 KB)
April 11, 2017 07:56AM
sino proba esta confguracon
Attachments:
open | download - HTB1RedKKXXXXXbXXpXXq6xXFXXX7.jpg (171.1 KB)
May 20, 2017 02:32PM
Hi! I've got the official firmware for this card, from my manufacturer, TEVO. This firmware is based in repetier, and works flawlesly using three extruders.

The card is 3DYMY Ramps 1.4 Plus, using a extruder extender for making three extruders total.
Attachments:
open | download - tri-color-firmware9-20.rar (411.8 KB)
May 20, 2017 02:41PM
Also, If you need the pinouts, here they are. (copied from [github.com])

They are separated from LCD2004 and LCD12864, depending on what you have.

Warm regards,

David.
Attachments:
open | download - 1.jpeg (228.7 KB)
open | download - 2.jpeg (174.7 KB)
open | download - 3.jpeg (154.6 KB)
September 08, 2017 10:06AM
Does anyone know if this BT7272A RAMPS 1.4 Plus board supports auto-leveling? If so, where are the connections/pin-outs for the leveling probe?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login