Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RAMPS 1.4 Marlin RC8 CONTROLLERFAN_PIN issue

Posted by zakamik 
RAMPS 1.4 Marlin RC8 CONTROLLERFAN_PIN issue
December 28, 2016 11:19AM
Hello,

I am using Marlin 1.10 RC8 with RAMPS 1.4. Printer is custom-built Delta. Board configuration BOARD_RAMPS_14_EFB, with HEATER_BED_PIN assigned to pin 57.
I plan to use D8 output for aux fans control - RAMPS and hot end coolers.

In Configuration_adv.h I changed CONTROLLERFAN_PIN to 8, compilation goes fine, but then nothing happens. I assume 12V should appear at D8 pins when steppers begin to work, but it remains zero.

Have I missed anything or CONTROLLERFAN_PIN can't be assigned to D8?

WBR,
Mikhail
Re: RAMPS 1.4 Marlin RC8 CONTROLLERFAN_PIN issue
December 28, 2016 12:22PM
The mosfet controls the ground side of the connection, the + side is always connected.
December 28, 2016 02:37PM
Thanks, just checked and see 12V between D8 + and ground. Yet the problem persists - always zero between D8+ and D8 -.
December 29, 2016 03:08PM
D8 isn't the cpu pin number, it's the name of the pin.

I believe you need to set CONTROLLERFAN_PIN to 57 and HEATER_BED_PIN to -1, to disable or whatever pin you're using for a heated bed.
December 29, 2016 04:00PM
stephenrc
D8 isn't the cpu pin number, it's the name of the pin.
As I can see on the RAMPS schematic, it is. [reprap.org]
If not, then which CPU pin D8 corresponds to?

stephenrc
I believe you need to set CONTROLLERFAN_PIN to 57 and HEATER_BED_PIN to -1, to disable or whatever pin you're using for a heated bed.
In my current configuration pin 57 controls heated bed relay. I can't use D8 output for heated bed because current is too high for RAMPS circuit. That's why I decided to use it for something useful that draws less current.
With proposed changes I won't be able to use heatbed at all.
December 30, 2016 06:51AM
Hello,
thanks for the help, problem is solved. The issue was in missing voltage at secondary power supply.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login