Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My LCD doesn't display anything just turn blue

Posted by SkyloSowalker 
My LCD doesn't display anything just turn blue
August 30, 2016 03:26PM
Hello i just build a rep rap i3 prusa, i check how to move manual the motor, with the display controller everything good, but then i connect it to my mac and put arduino latest version and i download marlin, i wanna know what could happen what the software did to my display and what can i do to repare it, please and thank you
this is the error that appears on arduino and i just erased it and i download Arduino 1.0.6

:1.6.10 (Mac OS X), Tarjeta:"Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:2108:36: warning: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Wliteral-suffix]
LCD_MESSAGEPGM(MACHINE_NAME" "MSG_OFF".");
^
In file included from sketch/SdFile.h:27:0,
from sketch/cardreader.h:8,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:44:
SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'
struct fpos_t {
^
In file included from sketch/Marlin.h:10:0,
from sketch/Marlin_main.cpp:30:
/Users/alanalonso/Desktop/Arduino-2.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/avr/avr/include/stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here
__extension__ typedef long long fpos_t;
^
exit status 1
using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 03:30PM by SkyloSowalker.
Re: My LCD doesn't display anything just turn blue
August 30, 2016 07:17PM
Attempted to write invalid text to console, which could be due to an invalid baudrate
Attempted to write invalid text to console, which could be due to an invalid baud rate
this appears on the pronterface
please help
August 31, 2016 07:08AM
on the newer arduino fpos_t is already defined so when older firmware get compiled it errors

edit SdBaseFile.h , change all fpos_t to filepos_t (there isnt many)
also edit SdBaseFile.cpp and change all fpos_t to filepos_t

Current marlin already has this done [github.com]

re the display, you need the correct display enabled in your configuration.h and the correct motherboard set
September 01, 2016 09:18PM
Thank you know it's working but on the display appears X,Y,Z as ? and change every 3 seconds from X,Y,Z to ?,?,? then the extruder doesn't get the filament, and the motors just go one way, so much thank you if you could help me please
September 02, 2016 10:47AM
It's doing that because until you G28 to home everything it has no idea where you are. Once you do a G28 it should display numbers for X, Y, Z.
September 02, 2016 05:13PM
What is the G28 ? and how configure it i'm new in this
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login