Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afinibot A3 Firmware help request

Posted by TTouneyA3 
Afinibot A3 Firmware help request
June 27, 2016 08:13AM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to both 3d Printing and this forum requesting some help in the right direction. At my age and remaining life expectancy, I may not have sufficient time to find the precise info that will get me going again. The story to date:
Bought a second hand printer just like but in acrylic, got it to successfully print the 20mm pillar, then designed, sliced and printed 2 small brackets. Next, moved the printer, calibrated extruder mm/step, levelled bed then tried to print. Result was Y axis only moving forward (away from home position) and determined that Y endstop appeared to be locked on. Tested Y endstop micro switch and it operates correctly as a switch. Shortly after, no matter what I tried to do from the printer, any selection (eg Home All, any position movements etc) using the key pad cycled the software as if the reset had been pressed.

Motors and endstop tests indicated OK so I have made the diagnosis that something is corrupt in the control board or firmware and have ended up trashing my firmware. I have used the Repetier-Firmware configuration tool in an attempt to generate a working firmware but have had no success. I have suceeded in compiling and uploading the short 1HZ LED flash sketch and that works as advertised so I can reliably report that the board is not dead.

The really pertinent information I am seeking is to identify my board and LCD in such a way that I can generate a firmware configuration that gets me into the ballpark with a functioning printer.

The main board is labelled as Melzi_V3B and Zonestar. The difference I can see between the Melzi V2 and mine is that there are 2 connectors for Z axis Stepper Motors and most connectors are push in instead of screw connectors.

The 4 line x 20 character LCD and interface board with 5 switches on a resistor divider network has no useful identification and when originally operating displayed:

A35_8_V1.4.5
A35
Repetier-0.91
Afinibot 3D Printer

Looking forward to some useful information

Theo
Attachments:
open | download - LCD 5 key.jpg (62.7 KB)
open | download - Melzi Ident.jpg (111 KB)
open | download - Melzi Board.jpg (103.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login