Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moving from Marlin to repetier failed!

Posted by Tinchus 
Moving from Marlin to repetier failed!
April 29, 2016 09:15AM
Hi. Printer:
Prusa I 3, arduino 2560, ramps 1.4
I was useing till now repetier 0.9. All fine, I then decided to try Marlin, since most of tutorials , tunning tips talks about it.
So I downloaded and configured Marlin, compiled it and loaded to the printer. It was on after some tunning, but it was imposible to make it print from the SD, something important to me becuse I eed my laptop jajajajaja
So, I was forced to move to repetier again, and decided to upgrade to 0.92. I loaded but now the printer does something weird I can not discover what it is o why is doing this now. look at the video please: when I want to print, it homes the Z as always: homes to 0, touchs the endstop, goes up and down again and the it is suposed to go up for starting to print. At this last step is where the motors "block" and I can hear some weird noise. I though that somehow something was bent????? After checking everything was in place and ok.
I can not figure it out . As a test, I moved again to Marlin, and it works perfect if I print from the laptop. I can even say that the homeing speed of Z axis is configured faster than in repetier, acceleration is bigger, z jerk is bigger. So Im really lost
Most weird: I uploaded my old 0.9 repetier firmware, and it does the same thing!!!!
I have completly erase the eeprom (with the example program that comes with arduino), thinking that may be there is something wrong in the eeprom ???? Is there any way to make sure eeprom is perfectly clean? may be some config is mixed between this marlin-repetier changes?

video

UPDATE: just to be 100% sure is not a hardware problem, I just this this test: I removed the x axis, so both motor were not atached to anything like a posible bended rod or something else. If I move the axis with repetier host, moving up and down makes the motors move with no problem. But if I hit the home buttom, both motors gets stucked with the noise you can hear in the video.
The same test made useing Marlin gives no problem at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2016 11:44AM by Tinchus.
Re: Moving from Marlin to repetier failed!
May 03, 2016 12:32PM
Maybe you forget disable the bluetooth by -1. Forget it if I am wrong.
May 03, 2016 01:50PM
I checked: no, it is already in -1
July 17, 2016 09:40AM
It's trying to move too fast, I don't know exactly where it's trying to go in such a hurry but try limiting the maximum Z speed to 3 - 5mm/s
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login